Allure of the Seas - Ship of Fools: Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by dannyandrew2002
Overall Member Rating
Allure of the Seas - Ship of Fools
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
- Port Everglades is great, quick on and off parking fee of $105 a week.
- Ship is absolutely beautiful: boardwalk, central park, etc.
- Speciality restaurants are the best: Giovanni's and Chops - definitely worth the extra $$
- Aqua Theatre show is amazing as the ice show and Blue Planet - unless you're a big fan of "Chicago" nothing special.
- took 4 requests to fix cabin safe; staff didn't know who to contact
- service staff is average at best
- new "facial recognition" photo service is AWFUL. The staff has no clue how to find your pictures, after 3 face to face requests and a promise to find them and call our cabin, we just gave up. RCCL is losing revenue...
- Falmouth is about 2 years away from being a good port, stay on ship
- Ship is too big for staff to deliver excellent service. Maybe need more personnel? Training More is definitely needed - every request we made was not fulfilled or it took repeated attempts to resolve the issue
- "Headliner" was a re-tread from Legends in Concert (Las Vegas)
- Samba Grill has great food but the design of the facility results in a temperature around 80 - first time I saw portable fans in a restaurant
Overall: first RCCL cruise where I believed the price paid was not worth it and service was average or below average with the exception of the speciality restaurants. Operationally, the service needs improvement to handle a ship of this size, RCCL has risen to its level of incompetence by building a ship so large. Much better experience on the class levels below Oasis. Less
Port and Shore Excursions
Avoid spring break at all cost...
Good cruise despite some short...
Great trip for the whole famil...
Delightful for the whole famil...
Cruising Made Great By Royal C...