Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by dannyandrew2002: Allure of the Seas - Ship of Fools
Overall Member Rating
Allure of the Seas - Ship of Fools
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Sailed July 31, 2011 - Western Caribbean.
- Port Everglades is great, quick on and off parking fee of $105 a week.
- Ship is absolutely beautiful: boardwalk, central park, etc.
- Speciality restaurants are the best: Giovanni's and Chops - definitely worth the extra $$
- Aqua Theatre show is amazing as the ice show and Blue Planet - unless you're a big fan of "Chicago" nothing special.
- took 4 requests to fix cabin safe; staff didn't know who to contact
- service staff is average at best
- new "facial recognition" photo service is AWFUL. The staff has no clue how to find your pictures, after 3 face to face requests and a promise to find them and call our cabin, we just gave up. RCCL is losing revenue...
- Falmouth is about 2 years away from being a good port, stay on ship
- Ship is too big for staff to deliver excellent service. Maybe need more personnel? Training More is definitely needed - every request we made was not fulfilled or it took repeated attempts to resolve the issue
- "Headliner" was a re-tread from Legends in Concert (Las Vegas)
- Samba Grill has great food but the design of the facility results in a temperature around 80 - first time I saw portable fans in a restaurant
Overall: first RCCL cruise where I believed the price paid was not worth it and service was average or below average with the exception of the speciality restaurants. Operationally, the service needs improvement to handle a ship of this size, RCCL has risen to its level of incompetence by building a ship so large. Much better experience on the class levels below Oasis. Less
Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Good but customer service need...
Wonderful time on the Paradise...