Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by dannyandrew2002: Allure of the Seas - Ship of Fools
Member Since 2008
Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises
Allure of the Seas - Ship of Fools
Sailed July 31, 2011 - Western Caribbean.
- Port Everglades is great, quick on and off parking fee of $105 a week.
- Ship is absolutely beautiful: boardwalk, central park, etc.
- Speciality restaurants are the best: Giovanni's and Chops - definitely worth the extra $$
- Aqua Theatre show is amazing as the ice show and Blue Planet - unless you're a big fan of "Chicago" nothing special.
- took 4 requests to fix cabin safe; staff didn't know who to contact
- service staff is average at best
- new "facial recognition" photo service is AWFUL. The staff has no clue how to find your pictures, after 3 face to face requests and a promise to find them and call our cabin, we just gave up. RCCL is losing revenue...
- Falmouth is about 2 years away from being a good port, stay on ship
- Ship is too big for staff to deliver excellent service. Maybe need more personnel? Training More is definitely needed - every request we made was not fulfilled or it took repeated attempts to resolve the issue
- "Headliner" was a re-tread from Legends in Concert (Las Vegas)
- Samba Grill has great food but the design of the facility results in a temperature around 80 - first time I saw portable fans in a restaurant
Overall: first RCCL cruise where I believed the price paid was not worth it and service was average or below average with the exception of the speciality restaurants. Operationally, the service needs improvement to handle a ship of this size, RCCL has risen to its level of incompetence by building a ship so large. Much better experience on the class levels below Oasis. Less
Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 3
Port and Shore Excursions
Vision is Blind to its Loyal C...
Great little ship, fantastic c...
We were expecting the WOW fact...
Diamond Member But Wouldn't Bo...
Cruising with Autism
Wonderful Cruise, Beautiful Sh...