Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by eilers78751: Everyone should go to Alaska!

eilers78751
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruises

Everyone should go to Alaska!

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I'm normally not that fond of cruises (went on a couple other family cruises to the Caribbean). Now I can't wait to return to see more of the Inside Passage and do more excursions. Tons of stuff to see from my balcony (p.s. get a balcony!!!). The food was pretty good in the main dining room, but it takes awhile to get all the way through dinner. The buffet line is more chaotic and the food was often not hot or flavorful. The shows were good, but not great. The activities like water coloring and nature talks were really nice. The service was good, like other cruise lines. We had very calm seas due to the inside passage. Make sure you use the outdoor jacuzzis at least once while under the mountains. It's a gorgeous view.

Remember to bring a rain jacket. I wish I had. An umbrella is a hassle, and all the locals use a light-weight rainproof jacket instead.

Embarkation in Seattle was a zoo and difficult for the elderly. You wait outside to check luggage, so you better More hope it's not raining. There's nowhere to park, so don't expect to be able to help elderly people easily. A closeby hotel seems to have a package that expedites your luggage check in and embarkation. Definitely worth looking into. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity

The town of Juneau was so touristy, it was really uninteresting. We did the Mt Roberts tramway, which was pretty because the sun was shining. So you could do a nice hike from there without paying for an excursion. Next time, I'm doing the whale watching from there.

Read 841 Juneau Reviews

You can skip over the touristy t-shirt and jewelry stores easily. We took the free bus to see the in-town sites, which you can hop on/off. There's also a $2 (maybe $1) bus that goes a bit further to a state park. We also LOVED our excursion of flight-seeing and crab feast. The best crab ever!

Don't forget to keep your eyes on the skies. I saw several eagles flying around from the dock.

LOVED the Skagway railway. You must do it. The town has recreated historic buildings like a saloon. Not to be missed, including an easy self-guided walking tour (pick up the map or guide for free at the National Park office). So there are many interesting cute places to walk into. It's a nice walkable town, but has a shuttle if you have walking issues like some in my party.

Read 645 Skagway Reviews

Kinda boring, because our excursion to the Butchard Gardens was completely cancelled. And then our whale tour was cancelled after that. So don't wait to see whales. Seems like a shopping/eat out town. We did a simple bus tour.

Read 558 Victoria Reviews