Ventura Cruise Review by light&bright

Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: LB
Cabin Number: c321
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
Ahoy there, back on terra firma and having my say
I decided to write a review as I know how useful I found others reviews. Our trip to France and Spain from Southampton was on 23rd July. We got to the Ocean Terminal around 11.30am, a little later than we had planned, as the taxi was delayed in arriving at the hotel as there were 4 cruise ships leaving that day, so it was very busy.

The terminal was very busy but well organised. We were given public health forms to complete, asking if we had been ill the previous week, including coughs and colds. We were given green card letter K and by 1pm, after having our photo taken and given a card each for our room, which also doubled as our on board charge card, we embarked.

We were all guided by staff up to the 15th floor, where the waterside buffet restaurant was open. He grabbed a couple to seats next to the pool and had lunch and a couple of drinks. At 1.45pm the captain announced the cabins were ready ahead of time and they were now available.

We went to deck 10 (Canada Deck) to C321. The room was very nice with a large balcony, as I had read about on this wen site. I had ordered a bottle of Champagne to be in the room, which it was, but there were no glasses or ice bucket. This was soon remedied by phoning room service. The waiter soon brought them, and by the time I had unpacked it was nicely chilled. The steward Minieviere came and introduced himself. I can say he looked after us very well and the cabin was always very clean, including clean towels twice a day.

We enjoyed our time on Ventura, the food entertainment and staff were all excellent. I even managed to go to the gym on 4 of the 7 days, which kept my weight down. I only gained 5lbs. Oh well that's what holidays are about.

Anyone going on Ventura I am sure you will enjoy it, like we did

Publication Date: 08/14/11