“Nice Cruise but we expected much Better”
Cruise review of Celebrity Solstice

johnballgame Celebrity Solstice 3 Nice Cruise but we expected much Better
johnballgame
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was the eighth cruise for my wife & I--Our third Med. cruise. Last on Ruby Princess in 2009. We last cruised Celebrity on Millenium in 2007 in Med & found it superior in many ways.

Things we found good; The food in MDR was very good every night & the service was equally good. On past cruises we have always eaten in Specialty restaurants but did not on Solstice because MDR was so good.

Our room was quite comfortable & the shower was larger than previous cruises --greatly appreciated. Cabin stewards were top notch--really

ecxellent. Oceanview cafee was very good but seemed to have the same food daily. But still very good. Many of the Public rooms were quite nice as were bars.

Things we didn't like so much; Entertainment was almost NON existent. Certainly the worst I have encountered on any cruise. When the highlights of your cruise entertainment are the captain singing & playing guitar it says it all.

We tendered in 3 ports & each tendered port there was a big problem leaving the ship. In some cases it took HOURS to leave the ship. I have tendered on other ships & They all seem to handle this problem better than Solstice.. Additionally, the system they use is quite unfair also. People who purchase excursions through Celebrity don't have the same problems leaving ship.

Also on our cruise there were surprisingly a lot of very young children it seemed, & constantly running & jumping in pool & riding elevators up & down for fun. Security could have been a little better.

My wife & I always considered Celebrity a notch above other lines but they need to improve . I hope the do improve--it will be better for all customers

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside Stateroom

Port
Nice easy day Walked around old City which was easy & fun. Strolled to Beach & swam in beauriful water
Read 323 Kotor Reviews
Port
Private Tour Drove Almalfi Coast, visited Amalfi,Positiano & Ravello which should not be misses

Read 979 Naples Reviews
Port
Just sailing in & out Of Venice is such a treat. City is like a living museum. Just a beaufiful place

Read 931 Venice Reviews
We tendered & that was a problem. Visited Villefrance--very beautiful. Had previously been to Nice & Monte Carlo so took train to Caan & explored. Had great time

Published 08/14/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Solstice Review
Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?