“Anchorage to Vancouver on Regatta”
Cruise review of Oceania Regatta

seallove Regatta 3 Anchorage to Vancouver on Regatta
seallove
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Exploring Alaska from Anchorage to Vancouver was a nice theme and the many stops along the way were interesting. Our stateroom was quite nice and the staff was excellent at taking care of the room and anything we needed. Towels were luxurious and always freshly replenished.

The excursions were way overpriced for what we got - for example, $185 per person to take a hike on a wooden plank trail in the national park - there was no way you could get lost and the trail head was only a short distance from town. And the post-hotel accommodations were amazingly overpriced - I found a wonderful hotel on the internet with a full deluxe kitchen for half the daily rate for the hotels Oceania arranged in Vancouver. I arranged our own 2.5 hour kayak tour for $69 and Oceania charged $155!!! And we were a very small group with only 3 kayaks and lots of input from the guide. I would recommend you arrange tours on your own - the internet makes it easy. Speaking of internet, the service on the ship was incredibly slow and expensive!! $80 for 100 minutes and it took at least 15 minutes to download e-mail!! Better to just take your laptop to the library or coffee shop in the towns.

At three of the ports we had to tender in and out - not the most convenient.

We were not impressed with the entertainment - OK quality but not outstanding. The string quartet was very nice during high tea. Activities on the ship were minimal - unless you wanted to enter the putting or shuffleboard competition or maybe do needlepoint with a group of ladies. The guest lecture was OK but a bit dry.

Dining was nice but not what I had anticipated for a luxury cruise - our first dinner in the Polo restaurant was disappointing and service in the Tapas restaurant was sometimes quite lacking - over 1/2 hour to get recognized and get coffee at breakfast one morning and some mornings they offered juice and others they did not.

So overall, I would not cruise again. Perhaps because I am more adventurous and not afraid to venture out on my own and do not need everything arranged for me - in fact, I prefer a little adventure and maybe making a wrong turn somewhere and finding something absolutely amazing like a sunset or a rainbow.

Regatta Cruises to British Columbia
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Penthouse Suite

PH18029
Nice bathroom with great towels! Very comfortable bed and pillows. Nice amount of closet and drawer space for clothing for 12 days worth of cruising.
Published 08/13/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Regatta Review
Regatta Cruises to British Columbia
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?