Saga Ruby Cruise Review by G G Skinner

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: K1
See More About: Saga Ruby Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Saga Holidays Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Saga Ruby Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Saga Ruby Deck Plans
I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY!
I have just come back from a lovely cruise called Treasures of Britain and Ireland. In fact, it also included the Faroe Islands, which were spectacular.

I was well looked after by Saga, as usual. I had booked a single inside cabin, not designated, and was pleased to receive a generous rebate before starting the holiday. When I arrived on the ship, I had a letter to say that I had been upgraded to a large double, outside, so I was quite delighted.

It was a very good holiday, with interesting excursions, enjoyable lectures and good entertainment.

I was picked up by chauffeur from my door but the person in charge of transport had made a mistake. I live a stone's throw from friends who were also taking the trip but I didn't share their car. Instead I was taken on a roundabout route, picking up other passengers, and I took 1 1/2 hours longer than my friends, to reach Dover. I contacted the purser and the return journey was much shorter.

The only other disappointment was the Captain's reception. I was directed through an entrance to the ballroom but found that the Captain was receiving at another entrance so half of the passengers did not meet him. It was my 4th cruise and I had previously had my photo taken with the Captain so this broke the pattern.

However, a wonderful holiday with many good memories.

Publication Date: 08/13/11