“Why did they take the chairs”
Cruise review of Grand Princess

lucy Grand Princess 4 Why did they take the chairs
lucy
Member Since 2000
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We have just returned from a cruise with Grand Princess

were very excited to see the changes the refit had made,did not seem like much, when we first boarded but we were wrong what a difference the new Atrium has made Very user friendly plenty of place to sit and have a coffee or drink and a chat open and airy,very pleasant.

The Horizon had had an upgrade too had read some bad remarks about people flow etc but we found it much better. Managed to get a table each time shared a lot but no problems with that nice to chat to new folk.

Cabins the same carpet had been renewed and the curtains but same colour.Pillows just as bad where do they get them from ugh.

We were on Calibre deck a few days into the cruise while we were ashore the chairs from our balcony were removed.Never found out why so we sailed for most of the cruise unable to use the balcony unless we dragged the chair from the cabin out side I did that a couple of time but the cabin steward did not like it and kept putting it back when we left the cabin.

I get a balcony cabin as I cannot sit on the loungers that are around the ship due to back and hip problems so was very upset not to be able to sit out on the balcony.

One passenger was sitting on her chair when it was taken not sure how I would have reacted if that had been me.

I have emailed Princess 4 times since returning home but no response I wonder if any of the other passengers have made any comments.

In the past I have found Princess to be very attentive and helpful but cannot for the life of me understand why they threw the chairs away. Customer services on the ship were very rude and said it was "company policy"

I don't think this sort of "company policy" will be very profitable for Princess from the conversations I heard.

I felt like a number of others that the quality of the food in the Horizon had dropped less choice and same choices day in and day out.

We tried anytime dinning this time and due to the very excellent Head Waiter Daniele we enjoyed our evening meals.What a credit this man is to Princess I just hope they appreciate him

Grand Princess Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BA
balcony cabins on Calibre Deck are good plenty of room big balcony half in shade half in sun

Port
Did our own thing here too got the local bus into the old town it was Sunday and we thought every would be closed but no

Enjoyed a stroll around the parts that the British had left behind ie cricket pitch and band stand

it was very enjoyable no problem with transport.

Read 431 Corfu Reviews
Port
We did our own thing here very easy Princess laid on buses to town centre excellent service Dubrovnik was lovely most people spoke English very pleasant people happy and friendly

Went on a Princess Coach trip never again Coach was old and smelly and my husband had the imprint of the seat in front on his knees for 2 days afterward. Didn't think much of Malta at all sorry

Port
We went ashore at Venice went on a Princess trip on a boat around all the islands it was super really enjoyed well worth the money We came back to the ship then took the free shuttle boat back into Venice it was very hot but beautiful.

Read 934 Venice Reviews
Published 08/13/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Grand Princess Review
Grand Princess Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?