Grand Princess Cruise Review by lucy

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Grand Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Grand Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Grand Princess Deck Plans
Why did they take the chairs
We have just returned from a cruise with Grand Princess

were very excited to see the changes the refit had made,did not seem like much, when we first boarded but we were wrong what a difference the new Atrium has made Very user friendly plenty of place to sit and have a coffee or drink and a chat open and airy,very pleasant.

The Horizon had had an upgrade too had read some bad remarks about people flow etc but we found it much better. Managed to get a table each time shared a lot but no problems with that nice to chat to new folk.

Cabins the same carpet had been renewed and the curtains but same colour.Pillows just as bad where do they get them from ugh.

We were on Calibre deck a few days into the cruise while we were ashore the chairs from our balcony were removed.Never found out why so we sailed for most of the cruise unable to use the balcony unless we dragged the chair from the cabin out side I did that a couple of time but the cabin steward did not like it and kept putting it back when we left the cabin.

I get a balcony cabin as I cannot sit on the loungers that are around the ship due to back and hip problems so was very upset not to be able to sit out on the balcony.

One passenger was sitting on her chair when it was taken not sure how I would have reacted if that had been me.

I have emailed Princess 4 times since returning home but no response I wonder if any of the other passengers have made any comments.

In the past I have found Princess to be very attentive and helpful but cannot for the life of me understand why they threw the chairs away. Customer services on the ship were very rude and said it was "company policy"

I don't think this sort of "company policy" will be very profitable for Princess from the conversations I heard.

I felt like a number of others that the quality of the food in the Horizon had dropped less choice and same choices day in and day out.

We tried anytime dinning this time and due to the very excellent Head Waiter Daniele we enjoyed our evening meals.What a credit this man is to Princess I just hope they appreciate him

Publication Date: 08/13/11