Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by jnp3211

Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: jnp3211
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: 06
Dining 5+

Wonderful experience. Great staff and amazing food.
I was very excited to drive to my cruise for the first time ever but I was nervous about cruising the Atlantic Ocean. Our sailing (July 31st-August 7th) turned out to have amazing weather and very calm seas.

Getting onboard was very easy and since we drove to the port (from Maryland) we took a case of soda and water onboard with us (a great money saver). The rooms are very large (for a cruise ship) and after the refurbishing I bet will be top notch. Our first two days at sea were very relaxing although we did squeeze in a few activities. Aqua-aerobics is lots of fun and a great workout, although it's done in the spa pool which is warm so you over heat quickly. The entertainment was good, the dancers and singers were talented, however, I like comedians/magicians/etc. better so I was disappointed to only see one comedian and one impressionist (although both amazing acts) all week. The second song/dance show I watched had no direction to it and I became bored quickly. The food on this ship is very good, actually I think the best of the cruise lines I've sailed. The desserts are amazing and the brunch on Saturday is a great idea and not to be missed.

Overall, yes the ship has some wear but nothing that would stip you from having a great time, enjoying the wonderful entertainment and amazing food. One other thing, the crew on this ship is very involved (more than any other cruise I been on) and they seem to really enjoy themselves and have a great time, this was a nice touch.
Publication Date: 08/13/11