Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by jnp3211: Wonderful experience. Great staff and amazing food.

jnp3211
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Wonderful experience. Great staff and amazing food.

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

I was very excited to drive to my cruise for the first time ever but I was nervous about cruising the Atlantic Ocean. Our sailing (July 31st-August 7th) turned out to have amazing weather and very calm seas.

Getting onboard was very easy and since we drove to the port (from Maryland) we took a case of soda and water onboard with us (a great money saver). The rooms are very large (for a cruise ship) and after the refurbishing I bet will be top notch. Our first two days at sea were very relaxing although we did squeeze in a few activities. Aqua-aerobics is lots of fun and a great workout, although it's done in the spa pool which is warm so you over heat quickly. The entertainment was good, the dancers and singers were talented, however, I like comedians/magicians/etc. better so I was disappointed to only see one comedian and one impressionist (although both amazing acts) all week. The second song/dance show I watched had no direction to it and I became bored quickly. The food on More this ship is very good, actually I think the best of the cruise lines I've sailed. The desserts are amazing and the brunch on Saturday is a great idea and not to be missed.

Overall, yes the ship has some wear but nothing that would stip you from having a great time, enjoying the wonderful entertainment and amazing food. One other thing, the crew on this ship is very involved (more than any other cruise I been on) and they seem to really enjoy themselves and have a great time, this was a nice touch. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit Oceanview Stateroom Plaza Deck (3)

Bathroom and TV needs updating (but will get it at the end of the year). The ocean-view rooms have very large portholes and the room has a small pull-out sofa in it, giving us another place to store stuff and making the room seem very spacious. The beds are extremely small (1/2 of a queen) but I guess that's why the room seems so big. Lots of closest space and storage drawers. There is a fridge and hair dryer but both are old and not effective (although I assume these will be replaced at the end of the year as well).

Bermuda is a beautiful place and I would highly recommend visiting. Although we docked in King's Wharf, we were able to travel all over Bermuda in the 2.5 days we were docked there. The beaches are beautiful (I recommend Clearwater beach)and the transportation is good (although you have to be patient). We took the ferry to St George's (45 minute ride) the first day and saw the town and St. David's lighthouse (very nice but hard to get to, the bus only runs every hour). The second day we went to Horseshoe bay (very crowded) and Hamilton. Hamilton is a normal large city with lots of shopping (but St George's might be a little cheaper). King's Wharf also the rum cake and dockyard glass works which is nice. However, the entire country is extremely expensive so be prepared. Overall, a beautiful port with lots to do and see.