Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Banks822

Member Name: Banks822
Cruise Date: March 2011
Embarkation: Charleston
Cabin Category: 6B
See More About: Carnival Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        7-9 5+
        10-12 5+

1st time family cruise
This was the 1st cruise for me and my hubby and our 4 children, but everyone else that came with us was on their 2ND Carnival cruise. Even though the Fantasy is pretty old it was VERY clean and well kept. All the staff was so friendly and helpful. Victor was our room steward and he was awesome!! He brought us whatever we needed with-in minutes of us asking and every night after dinner our beds were ready for us. Also our 3 servers in the dining room were wonderful. Every night when they did a little dance they would get my children up to dance with them. My children LOVED it! Plus the food was yummy, especially the molten chocolate cake!!

We unfortunately booked our cruise during college spring break. My children are 8,9,9,and 10 and they saw and heard things that I never wanted them to be around! I have never heard females with such NASTY language...I was embarrassed for them. I am only 29 and am no stick in the mud, but I just don't see the point in spending all that money to be drunk and hungover the whole trip. People were drunk and stumbling around all hours of the day. My children never got to go to the pool because of all the drunks. One night a group of guys were drunk and threw a glass of liquor down the hall which hit or door and shattered everywhere. By this time I was fed up (this was not our 1st drunken disturbance) so I opened the door and told them to clean the mess up and that I understand they want to have fun, but there were children on that hall also. I woke up to a page long apology letter under my door. The front desk wouldn't do anything so I just handled it myself. The next night they were much calmer.

I have to say that Camp Carnival was wonderful! My children LOVED it and the teachers in the room. They made crafts, went to shows, had a break dancing lesson, and had their own dance in the disco room one night. They never wanted to leave the camp!!

I have a son with a severe allergy and they were very cautious. Also one night I had a child get a little sea sick and they called me right away to let me know. Even though I had to go get her, the other 3 children got to stay and play.

We did have a situation where my daughters purse was taken by another child and her money was stolen, but that is our fault for letting her carry it. She did learn a good lesson about keeping up with her stuff after that though.

The entertainment on the ship was actually good. The last night there was a great Beatles themed show with good dancing and costumes. Also we went to 2 comedy shows and they were both funny. We passed on the karaoke because they showed it on the TVs and it didn't sound to great.

Publication Date: 08/12/11