Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by lindsay jennings: Eclipes...cast a shadow..oh yes over the holiday

Celebrity Eclipse 3
lindsay jennings

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Sea Cruises

Eclipes...cast a shadow..oh yes over the holiday

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

My husband and i traveled with my elderly parents for my dads 90th birthday.

The food in the restaurant was either under cooked...over cooked...cold or poor quility we gave up after 5 days and went to the upstairs dining but with 2 elderly people we were run ragged getting their food for them while avoiding the unruly children running around up there.Any other dining option carried a $30 per person per meal cover charge.

IN our corridor on the 7thfloor an electric wheelchair was left 80% of the time blocking our exit aft .It was impossible to move when locked this was compounded by the housekeeping carts left unattended.

We had to go forward and take the lift to the 14 floor to reach the dining area.

We chose the starboard side as it was alledgedly non smoking...this meant incurring the wrath of the joggers as this was their track.The pool bar had smoking all around so starboard non smoking was not inforced.When i asked the staff said it was More permitted to smoke all around any pool bars.

Not healthy for the joggers nor my parents.

If we went through on the 12 floor then we had to negotiate around the jacuzzi and pool area.

Any other floors where there were cabins were also blocked by housekeeping carts.

The entertainment was at the best described as amature.

My dad paid £10,000 for the 4 of us...

I did try to bring my points up with the staff but no one was interested.

When I spoke to other disabled people they found the same problems as we had. Less

Published 08/12/11

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: 1B7173

Very small.They advertise as 15% bigger than normal..but that must be in height! We needed to keep my dads wheelchair in our room as the room didnt have space for 2 in theirs. shower great Not enough drawer space and the wardrobe unaccesable as settee blocks it

not allowed to walk to anywhere you have to be on a trip

lovely people and lovely port

was ok but when raining not a lot of cover

the trip was interesting. not allowed to go ashore without a trip booked

pretty town cobbled streets so not suitable if you are in a wheelchair

Read 453 Tallinn Reviews