Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by RmacTchr

Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 4A

AVOID Room #1344
My wife & I recommend:

In ROATAN: Victor Bodden Tours! We paid for a driver all day ($40 per person) and David did a GREAT job of getting us all around the island and accommodating us with everything we wanted to do. And WHAT a beautiful island it is!

In COZUMEL: Renting a car (maybe not from Specialty Car Company whose car was broken but refused to reduce the charge for the day) and driving to the "other" side of the island with it's public beaches and BEAUTIFUL ocean view drive up and down the east coast. Senor Iguanas upstairs is a great place to relax with a beverage. (Avoid Cocunuts during the day ... the most miserable lunch I have had to endure ... hot as hades & NO breeze ... but the view from up there is nice)

My wife & I enjoyed:

Our dinner companions!!! We asked to be changed from the late to early seating so we could eat earlier and we were placed with 3 other great couples whose company we enjoyed at dinner & elsewhere.

The comedians! We laughed so much ... especially at Mutzie and Just June!

The shows! Especially the tribute to New Orleans, the Magic Show, and the World Tour shows! The 2 lead singers had awesome voices & as a musician that made the show so much better from the get-go.

The guitar singer in the Capitol Lounge (what a voice) and the Cover Band outside the casino ... top notch!

My wife & I were confused by:

The layout of the ship! So few places you could walk from one end of the ship to the other. Avoid Level 3 unless you have to go there! Level 5 offers the best indoors walk from back to front & contains most of the entertainment options! Level 3 MIDSHIP offers a "sunless" outside observatory just check each side to see which is getting the better winds.

My wife & I were ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED BY:

#1--our cabin #1344 ... HOT (never got below 75 though the technician came and stuck the temp measuring device RIGHT BELOW the vent we had THEM remove previously to show me it was dipping all the way down to 72.8 coming OUT of the vent but he didn't dare measure the temp over by the door or the far side of the bed or the bathroom! We complained several times & asked for a fan but were told that temp is within Carnival's regulations! (Meanwhile, the cabins just down the way from us said they had to turn their air up because it was SO COLD in their room)

#2--the noises below our room that began at 7 in the morning on 2 of the 3 of our "days at sea" ... you know those where you are supposed to get to sleep late. It sounded like they were scraping metal on metal then this loud rumbling sound followed ... rinse, repeat! We complained after being awoken the 1st morning at 7:15 ... it stopped the next several mornings ... then it resumed on our last day "at sea" so that we couldn't sleep late again (which is why I chose a DARK inner cabin in the first place)

#3--the teenagers (12-15 of them) who woke my wife at 11 p.m. on 2 consecutive nights. Called guest services they sent sercurity. Kids ran away then returned later to sit around on the floor of Level 1 outside of our room and laugh and talk loud ... completely inconsiderate. We complained to Guest Services after day 1 they apologized & said call us if it happens again which it did the 2nd night ... after the 2nd night I purposefully sought out adults on Level 1 to ask if they had teenagers staying on this floor and those who responded that they did I told what had happened with my wife being awakened by loud teens the 2 previous nights after 11 p.m.! We had NO more problems after these conversations with the teen's parents ... could Carnival not have had these conversations?

So, overall, I suppose (though we listed several things we enjoyed) we would have to put ourselves in the 20% of people who were NOT SATISFIED with our journey on Carnival Triumph ... most of which revolved around Cabin #1344! Avoid it at ALL cost! Don't even take the trip if that is the only room left. We booked LATE & this was the only room left on Level 1 which leads us to believe Carnival KNEW it was a bad room but sold it to us anyway for $2,000 HOPING we wouldn't complain!

Rex & Cristy from Texas