Carnival Valor Cruise Review by robinsra: Valor Good Cruise

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Valor Good Cruise

Sail Date: July 2011

Our family of four, me 49,husband,55 my two boys 14,17 started from Long Island to Orlando for three days at Universal. We stayed at Loews Royal Pacific Hotel. Loved it. We rented a car from Alamo so we could return it at Miami airport the morning of the cruise. We met my sister, brother-in-law and two young adult nephews at the Orlando airport. Had a great time and on Saturday headed down to Fort Lauderdale to stay at Days Inn Hollywood. We were picking up our parents from the Airport that day so the location was good and they have a shuttle incase we didn't make it there to pick them up in time. The hotel was O.K. and great for airport and Fort Lauderdale cruise port. Sunday Morning July 24th the 10 of us started out to POM at about 9:00 made it there by 9:30 not bad. We dropped of 6 passengers and luggage. Baggage porters were there to direct you and take your luggage. Off we went to return the cars. Using GPS I have Alamo car address in and off we went saw signs for the airport More and GPS took us a different way. Now Gps worked great in the past so we trusted it. Down some pretty seedey roads. Wound up at the old Alamo address. After much fighting with my husband and apologizing to my sister who was in the car behind us, I put in the airport and we were off again. This time it took us in the back way to the new rental drop off area. Once we finally made it we dropped off the car went to the 2nd floor and got into a Alamo van back to POM. It was the four of us and a family from I think France. Some guy tried to get on with them. The driver asked for his receipt and was kicked off when he didn't have one. We got back to the POM about 11:00 there were long lines my parents were Vip and went to a different line. We were on the ship by 11:45. About 10 minutes after my VIP parents. Went to Lido deck for lunch. It was hard to find a table for ten or two table near each other so we went to the back of the ship near the pizza. The ship was full and you could tell. Very crowded. We got to our room at 1:30 met Edguardo our room steward. Loved him got everyone's name but had a hard time with mine and called me misses all week. The room was the same as on the Splendor which we did two years ago. 4 of us had plenty of room and loved the balcony. We had early seating in Washington Dining room 3rd floor in the middle so no view for us. I wanted to do anytime dining but with ten it wouldn't of worked. The boys and us went to club sign up. My 14 year old was going to be 15 in September and I wanted him moved to club O2 they said to write it on the form. He was able to switch no problem. Club started at 9:00pm. They had a great time all week and came home 12:30-1:00 every night. We went to dinner at 6:00 met Raul and Abantoura. Nice guys again had our names down the first night. Food was good they had new menus. We got them first lucky us. It seemed less of a choice. We always found something to eat.I found the food not very hot but not a major problem. We ate in dinning room for breakfast and lunch days at sea. Lido was crowded always. Went to past guest party. Tip them and they will bring you what you want to drink. The ship was always being cleaned by the staff but people are pigs and would throw food and garbage on the floors. We went to the shows and most were good. Comedians were O.K they switch during the cruise so there are 4 of them. I guess I had a great cruise because there was so much I didn't get to do Serentity area, explore the ship and hang out on the 3rd floor outside area and read. We did tea once very nice, did the cooking demonstration that was good and swam in adult pool only when we came back early from port. On sea days you couldn't get near a hot tub or pool. We had a evening flight home so no rush to get off the ship we did express luggage. Just be aware they only check in the person with the luggage not the everyone on the confirmation number. We left the ship about 9:00 and had a 15 minutes through security they stamped the boys passports so that was cool. We rented a car from Thrifty be cause our flight was 7:00 that night. They took our family and my parents back to Miami airport much easier when you know were you are going. We dropped it off at Fort Lauderdale Airport. Off we went back to Long Island.

Just a couple of observations. Not much for the 18-21 group to do even my 21 year old nephew didn't click with anyone.

It was crowed and loud. Photographers wanting to take your pictures. I liked it it was fun.

O2 didn't do much with the kids they hung out my kids loved it but I think if you didn't hook up with a group it would be hard to join in. I do have to say with all the kids on the ship no one was hanging on stairs pushing elevator buttons. The kids I ran into were polite and respectful.

One thing on alcohol my dad did get a vodka in with his luggage. My sister and I had wine, water and soda in carry on hers got searched well ours got looked at different guys look differently. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Empress 7372

I can't comment on the city we did snorkeling with Carnival they take you from the ship to this little Island and you can go from shore or stay on the boat and snorkel from the boat. They try to keep you together which is hard because you are getting kicked with fins or you aren't watching were everyone is because you under water. At the end you can hang out on the beach. A person who works there took my husband and boys back out for more snorkel time. They seem to like their jobs

We were going to go to Paradise Beach but too much sun and I think we were beached out. So we took a cab into town and walked around. Found a great spot one or two blocks back for Margaritas and chips Buy one get one on drinks. Walk off the main street to the streets behind very nice and cheaper stuff. Taxi's are easy to get coming back just cross the street and know your prices. Make sure to tell them and they agree. $7.00 each way for 4 people.

Read 3084 Cozumel Reviews

We took a bus to Royal Palms. The beach is beautiful. Royal Palms was nice not kid friendly. Not allowed to use pool or sit at table if you don't order food. Drinks weren't enough. Chairs are $10.00 each and $10.00 for umbrella. Bus $2.50 per person. Nice area very safe

We stayed at the Mahogany Bay beach. It was nice early but 2 hours or so the water gets turned up by all the people. It was hot that day but we walked not necessary to to take chair lift. All the was past the Cabanas was VIP swimming. The boys went snorkeling out by the dock and out to the ropes. Some shops in the area. We went back early and enjoyed the ships pool.

Read 1642 Roatan Reviews