MSC Poesia Cruise Review by gedfamily: What a waste of a decent ship.

gedfamily
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

What a waste of a decent ship.

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

Big disappointment. While the ship itself was fine, the food was awful. Wine list surprisingly bad. So many corners were cut on the guest experience you wondered if management ever cruised on their own ships.

Previous reviews were accurate. Bathrooms are small with leaky showers. Bring your own hair conditioner as you will only find liquid shampoo and liquid soap. Coffee drinkers beware, coffee at lunch and dinner is hard to get and is an extra charge.

Cabin staff are invisible and do nothing to make your experience memorable. Pooled tips in this instance seems to have demotivated them. So many languages need to be spoken that there is very little time to get anything done.

Shipboard activities as a consequence were paltry compared to other cruise lines. On deck the jumbo screen runs silent ads all day. Did they run out of entertainment content before I boarded? Forget having a midnight buffet, for the most part, food service ends at dinner.

Maybe it's More me, but I hate finding on my bill a charitable contribution I didn't agree to make. The accounting staff was surprising rude when I asked to have it taken off. If you need a wheelchair bring your own as you will wait a long time to get one of the ship's. I wouldn't waste my cruise vacation time on another trip on the Poesia. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Superior Balcony D Annunzio Deck

Everything is slightly smaller than you would like. The bathroom in particular is way to small. The balcony was also to small to really enjoy.