Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by GreenHornet1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by GreenHornet1
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: GreenHornet1
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms Not Rated

Mixed review
I liked the ship. It's much nicer than the Grandeur of the Seas, its former sister ship before the Enchantment was "stretched" to make it longer. The pool deck is huge and spacious. And the addition of the Boleros lounge and the Chops Grille distinguish this from the Grandeur.

I did not eat in the dining room but had all of my meals in the Windjammer Cafe. I'm not generally critical of food, but I was disappointed with the food in the Windjammer. Lots of overcooked or dried out food, much of it apparently being left over from previous days. I all fairness though, the food in the Windjammer on other Royal Caribbean ships is not much better.

Most of the cruisers on this sailing were probably age 60 and over. So the entertainment and activities were geared towards that age range. Being in my 40s, I was bored to death. I went to the Viking Crown nightclub on several nights and it was always empty or nearly empty. Boleros lounge was a little better, but even that lounge shut down early on most nights. I was told by a crew member that the Canadian sailings draw an older demographic so the programming is modified to appeal to that group. That was unfortunate for me. On the other hand, the Caribbean sailings draw a younger and more diverse crowd so the programming is different, I was told.

On the bright side, I enjoyed the ports, for the most part. My favorites were Bar Harbor and Halifax. St. John (New Brunswick) was a disappointment.

I would sail on this ship again, but only on the Caribbean sailings.

Publication Date: 08/08/11