Carnival Glory Cruise Review by bjmmcc: Fogged in, but glass half full

Member Since 2011
1 Post

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Fogged in, but glass half full

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Trying not to have an opinion, because as we all know we all have different expectations and we all have different experiences.

I'll try to keep to facts (just the facts, Maam, just the facts.

Set sail on July 30th for a 5 cruise to St. John and Halifax

Good fortune, we were called about 3 or 4 weeks previous to see if we would care to buy an upgrade from a balcony to a VIP suite for I won't say but it was about twice the cost of a cheaper inside room on a 3 night cruise to no where. I bought it (damn those morning Bloody Mary's on Sundays)

Anyhow, when one is pressed and time is running outbcause of massive traffic jams that casued an easy 40 minute trip into 3 hours....... to sail thru check-in and check-out VIP is nice, specially when one is not VIP.

Now...the nitty gritty.

PROS.

beautiful ship! super clean!!

Staff that we met were spectacular although most yearned for home and family. And I will speak about More that soon.

The restaurant that I had for dinner as a DINE ANY TIME restaurant was the Golden Room. Very nice, especially the tables 130 and the surrounding tables. Our wait staf were way above par. I know, I have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years. I did hear other peoples complaints of servce at other tables in other areas of the dining room, but, we never expereinced anything to complain about. Although, in another dining area for lunch, I did experience a missed or delayed entree and late arriving condiment, at meals end, ( ketchup is important to fries to an 11 year old). I, for one gloss over these small glitches and just enjoy the fact that someone else is taking care of the day to days. Glass more than half full.

The lay-out of the ship is odd in some areas...don't let that be a factor in your enjoyment

The food was, in the restaurants,..as good or better in any restautant near my or your home. And considering the price you have to wonder how the chefs do it, night after night. Don't get me wrong, one could spend an easy $300 for a better meal, but, but......is that restaurant also moving, moving to a vacation destination and serving as a hotel?

Now for a few cons

If you are not eating in the early seating or the ANYTIME DINING and you are traveling with a child that you wish to spend time with, you WILL miss the entertainment.

2 shows, back to back at 730 and 830 for the comedians..After that time it is ADULT humor. So if you want to be with your children and have late dining, forget about seeing anything unless you can muster all your ducks to be ready to go on command. Everything starts on time, so Bingo , if you sre not exactly on time is not available.

Although we had a very good time, I feel that the scheduling of entertainment could have been better. We wanted to be with our 11 year old daughter, and she with us and unless we were willing to drop her in the organized child play, we were shut out of many activities., it seems as though anything after 930 pm was adults only

JUST ROCK waas great. and suitable for everyone....kids see more skin on TV

Comedians preety funny, although never saw the adult show opart.

Never got to HAlifax. major fog for 3 days.

Don't take the St.John Hidden coastline tour. Nothing to see for the money except a few lobster traps and a mild waterfall. Mild is polite.

Waste of money.. even thought the driver and guide were very nice.not worthy of the short time allowed.

Anything else is up to you. We are not buffet people. Nothing aboutthat is wrong , we just wished to sit down at a very nicely set table and be served, we stand and eat individualy at home, we wished t eat together...finall again

Good luck and keep your glass half full at least Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>