Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by chrisassaf

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by chrisassaf
Seven Seas Mariner
Seven Seas Mariner
Member Name: chrisassaf
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: H
See More About: Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Mariner Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Mariner Deck Plans
Trip of a Lifetime!
My husband was always reluctant to cruise....so we picked a smaller ship with great amenities. Halfway through he said, "this is GOOD STUFF! Why haven't we done this sooner?"

Regent went above and beyond on every aspect. The food was delicious, the staff friendly and professional. We were blown away by the incredible service!

Just a few examples:

1. Greek taxis were on strike so Regent offered extra buses to take people that weren't on tours to destinations of choice.

2. When checking in at Compass Rose, we were always advised if there were openings in the specialty restaurants. We ended up eating at Prime and Signatures twice.

3. Scented cold towels and ice water after a hot tour of Ephesus.

Our housekeeper was so upbeat and cheerful, we loved seeing her every day. The room was immaculate and nothing was too much trouble. My husband asked for ice to put a compress on his knee one afternoon. He had one waiting for him every afternoon thereafter! She also noticed we weren't using our comforter so she removed it from the room.

We had room service every morning...very efficient. Loved the Veranda deck for lunch and all of the dinner restaurants. Had drinks in the Observation lounge every evening. Wonderful piano player and views...not to mention the exquisite appetizers. Coffee Connection was a nice place for cappuccino and snacks.

We had two massages and I had a facial. I thought they were both excellent and my husband raved about his massage. I took several spin classes and used the weights in the fitness center. Canyon Ranch does an excellent job on this ship.

The excursions were pretty good. Some better than others. We enjoy just exploring a port on our own so we didn't do many. I'd rather stroll through Venice with my husband than follow a guide around. We did enjoy the bike ride through the Konavle Valley on Dubrovnik though.

We booked Business Class air through Regent and all travel was seamless. I would definitely let them handle this aspect again....Very nice not to worry about how you're getting to the airport.

The only negative I can think of is the large amount of kids on our cruise. This problem is not Regent's and can easily be remedied by going outside of the summer months. I would not go in the summer again as the pool got a little loud and they really don't fit the atmosphere.

All in all, I thought it would be a nice trip but it was 10 times better than I expected. I would definitely take another trip with Regent and encourage others to do the same!

Publication Date: 08/08/11
More Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Mariner review Read the next Seven Seas Mariner review

More Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews