Carnival Glory Cruise Review by GettinOutaDodge: Carnival Gloy is Not So Glorious

GettinOutaDodge
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Carnival Gloy is Not So Glorious

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My spouse and I sailed out of NYC with a few friends on Carnival Glory to Saint John's Bay and Halifax. We are well-traveled, and decided to do a bit cheaper cruise to St. John's Bay and Halifax on Carnival. Lesson learned: You get what you pay for!

Now every vacation has good points to it, regardless, so I shall list these first about the Carnival Glory Cruise.

GOOD POINTS:

The ship was large, and while it was rather crowded, we found places to get away from the hordes of screaming children on the boat. Kudos to Carnival for creating an "adults only" section of the boat. The ship was also well laid out, and pleasantly decorated, not dated or in need of a face lift, like some cruise ships. It was a pretty boat, and rather clean to boot! We found the entertainment on the boat to be lovely, and the performers were excellent.

BAD POINTS:

In all fairness, we never even got to Halifax because of extremely foggy conditions, so I cannot speak More about this port. However, for the life of us, we couldn't figure out why Carnival would sail to Saint John's Bay! It was boring, not very pretty, and had VERY little to do there. We are the type of travelers who see the good points in every destination. We didn't find much in St. John's.

What's more, we found the service on the boat to be atrocious. We are not the type of people to ask for anything out of the ordinary, but we were flat-out surprised at the sheer rudeness and apathy of many of the crew members. For every lovely crew member there were at least ten who seemed disgruntled, overworked and exhausted. Simple requests were often met with huffs, rolled eyes, or apathetic remarks. Bar servers were the worst, and the guiltiest.

Overall, I would say that I will not be sailing with Carnival again. I much prefer Norwegian or Royal Caribbean where the food, staff and ports of call are second to none. You get what you pay for! Do yourself a favor and spend a few hundred extra bucks to be PAMPERED on a better cruise line. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>