Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by maggrizz

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: Q4
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Surpassed our expectations
This being our first ever cruise I was very apprehensive having read previous cruisers negative comments. I shouldn't have worried,this was the most wonderful holiday we have ever had, despite my husband being 'cabin bound' for 4 days due to a prolapsed disc (more about that later).

We arrived at Southampton at 11.45am and were very impressed by the efficient way our car and luggage were taken from us. By 12.10pm we were in our cabin, unpacking. We were in a Queens Grill Penthouse Q4 (having been upgraded by our sons and brother from Britannia Club). We were amazed at the amount of storage space, a lot of which we never managed to fill!!

Our Butler Natalia and her deputy Ronald were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble.

The food in the Queens Grill was excellent and the waiters and sommelier looked after us very well.

During the evening of our third day my husbands back became painful so we decided to fore-go our Roof of Norway tour the next day(Monday) and that he would stay in bed to rest. Therefore we ate in our stateroom, being able to order whatever was on offer in the Queens Grill that day.

Unfortunately the back worsened and at 6.30am on the Tuesday I had to call in the medical team who diagnosed a prolapsed disc. They were absolutely brilliant- Dr Alan Ward and nurses Ellie and Selina looked after him so well that he was up and walking...very carefully...on Thursday. He could not have been treated better anywhere ashore and we can't praise the medical staff enough.

Natalia our Butler really looked after us throughout this difficult time.

We cancelled the rest of our planned tours on the doctors advice and were reimbursed for all of them.

When we returned to the Queens Grill for our meals we were really made a fuss of and looked after so well.

Although this spoilt my husbands enjoyment a little we were just happy to spend the time soaking up the atmosphere and wonderful surroundings and wouldn't have missed it for the world.

I have never wanted to go on a cruise but my husband always has and I gave in eventually. I'm so pleased I did. I loved it and really hope we are fortunate enough to cruise on Queen Elizabeth again (free of back trouble!!).

I certainly wouldn't want to cruise with any other line than Cunard.

Publication Date: 08/05/11