Carnival Glory Cruise Review by shart3414

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: shart3414
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 8F

Was not what I expected
This cruise was a birthday gift for my fiancEe for his birthday; we traveled on the July 16th sailing out of New York and decided to we wanted to try something new since we always travel to the Caribbean. It was just the two of us who traveled on this voyage so I wanted to make it something special.

We arrived a little early and the embarkation took less than 20mins. Once we boarded we went to the burrito bar which was awesome. We both really enjoyed the food so that was a treat overall and ship's dEcor was very nice to look at.

On our voyage there were so many teenagers and kids on the ship. I felt like this ship was more for them than for the adults. The entertainment on the ship was fulfilling and very enjoyable.

Now comes the negative, it was so cold going to Canada. We didn't really expect the weather to be so unpredictable, many voyagers were wearing sweaters, and near the pool deck there were people lying on the lounge chairs shivering and very cold watching the kids movies. But since we kept each other warm, cuddling it wasn't too bad. Make sure if you are going on this cruise to check the weather, bring a sweater and a couple a pair of jeans. At night it was so foggy, it reminded us of the TITANIC... You kept hearing the ship blow its horn because of the fog. The evenings were so cold at night; we could not stay out on the balcony to long before we return back to the room. I could not believe how many people were swimming, because it was so cold, I did not get a chance to use my bathing suit. Oh well, I will stick to the Caribbean.

Our first stop was Halifax, Canada; we decided to go on the Whale Watching tour. Let just say there was no whales, a waste of money... We fed some birds and saw some seals. The weather that day was 65-70/a little chilly but not too bad, I am glad I bought a jacket.

Second Stop was Saint John, NB, Canada. It was so hot about 75-80 degrees. We decided to walk around and just shop. Not much to do at either ports but it was nice to get away for a few days.

I guess this trip will prepare me for my ALASKA cruise... Overall nice cruise but never will do again

Publication Date: 08/04/11