Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Cruisejames

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Cruisejames
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: Cruisejames
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Rates 5+

Wow
Wow is really the one word which sums up this ship.

From the moment you walk onto the Silhoutte and are met with a glass of fizz from a white gloved waiter you know you are going to be truly pampered.

We were lucky enough to be staying in a balcony cabin on deck 6. The cabin itself was beautifully decorated in soft tones with striking artwork and accents of red.

The cabin consisted of a large sofa, wardrobe with plenty of hanging space and lots of hangers, dressing table with powerful hairdryer under it in a draw, large flat screen TV, mini bar, safe, coffee table, over bed storage, lots of lighting and a full length mirror.

The bathroom has a large corner glass enclosed shower cubical with a great hot powerful shower and lots of storage.

After checking in we went around the ship to look at all the amazing facilities this floating resort has to offer and below is an overview of the different areas on the Ship.

The Atrium

This truly is the heart of the ship with an amazing soring 11 deck high Atrium the full size living tree suspended 33 decks above the lobby. There are a bank of glass elevators zooming up and down the atrium. The area is like the rest of the ship truly awe inspiring, understated elegance.

Crush and the Martini Bar

This was the place to head after dinner to watch the world go by. The area was again beautifully decorated in what I would call an Ice Palace theme with whites, blues and silvers being the main colours used. The Martini bar itself is ice topped and located next to the walk way. Behind the bar are some alcoves which had comfy sofas and lounge chairs and the Crush section was a high tabled are with an ice ridge down the centre for you to put in a bottle of your favourite tipple. This area was my favourite bar on the ship.

Cellar Masters

This is something I have never seen before. The wine bar reminded me of a country house Library with comfortable sofas, subtle lighting and attentive staff. The wine selection here is amazing and I'm sure if your a wine drinker many a happy hour would be spent in this lounge.

Michaels Lounge

This area reminded me of a gentleman's club with high back chairs around fireplaces decorated in dark woods. This was a lovely bar for an after dinner drink.

Fortunes Casino

This was a nice size casino big enough to have all the facilities you would expect from a modern cruise ship casino. The area was unobtrusive on the rest of the ship.

Quasar

This was a great spot to end your night. The night club was one of the hottest at sea with a spectacular DJ box. The feel was very modern and so was the decor with lots of private areas, amazing lighting and a large dance floor that spilled out into the small Atrium next to it.

Sky Lounge

With its floor to ceiling windows on three sides this place was light and airy during the day and packed and happening on a night. This was the 2nd nightclub venue on the ship with everything from live music to Karaoke. The seats were all set up in small groups perfect for going with friends or for making them. The decor in here was ultra modern with white furnishings.

The Lawn Club

This area was a real surprise to me. When I read the brochure I thought it would just be a waste of space gimmick but I was pleasantly surprised this was my favourite outdoor space on the ship. Curling up with a good book in this area would be spectacular in one of the over-sized chairs or on a picnic blanket. This area also housed the Lawn Club Club (an area to get involved and you can even grill your own meal) and the Porch an area for light breakfast and during the day they had a great selection of paninis etc. Just behind the lawn club is the sunset bar which is also outdoors but with great aft views.

Adult only Indoor pool

This area was a great retreat whilst there were very few kids on our sailing I bet when the ship is busy with kids this would be a welcome retreat. The area was large and airy with a large pool and two whirpools/ hot tubs. The main focus of this area is a large waterfall effect water feature on the main wall. The Aqua Spa cafe was also in this area and seemed very popular.

Main Pool Area

This was very large with comfortable padded loungers and very attentive staff we were offered Ice cold towels and sorbet several times around the pool to freshen up and bar service was attentive but un-obtrusive. My only criticism of the entire ship is that the sun loungers were to close together for me but it certainly wouldn't put me off sailing on her again.

Speciality Dinning

Celebrity really has outdone itself on the speciality (extra charge) dinning. Unfortunately apart from attending a tasting at the different venues we didn't get the opportunity to try the full experience but from the tasting I know I would definitely dine at these on my next cruise. The speciality dinning consisted of -

Qsine - modern venue where you use I-pads to order and create you food

Tuscan Grill - Italian steak house with great aft views very cosy

Bistro on 5 - Light bites and crepes in a lovely venue

Cafe al Bacio - Home made ice cream and cakes yum

Murano - High class European dinning experience menu looked amazing

Blu - This is healthy bites for Aqua class passengers only. I loved the feel of this restaurant and wished I was in an Aqua Class cabin.

Buffet

The ocean view cafe is the main buffet on this ship we ate lunch here every day and were really surprised with the quality and variety of food on offer. There was a huge array of stations, Pasta, Pizza, Grilled Chicken and Meats, Salads, Stir-frys, Indian foods, Breads, Cheeses, Desserts, home made ice cream plus so much more to mention.

The buffet was also open late at night for those midnight munchies

Main Dinning Room

We had dinner here every night the food and service was very good and the decor was modern but welcoming and that amazing wine tower was truly a talking point on our table.

In Summary

There are so many facilities on this ship that I can not mention everything I have seen but as I am sure you can tell I was incredible impressed. I have cruised ten times this being my first Celebrity experience and I can honestly say that this has been my best cruise ship experience.

This ship is truly spectacular and really lived up to all the hype I had heard and read about the ship and its planned facilities. It was so good we are looking to book our next Celebrity Cruise already.

This ship is very large but has been built and furnished in such a style that it never feels crowded and there are lots of little corners and bars to escape into.

Publication Date: 08/03/11