Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ChelCG

Member Name: ChelCG
Cruise Date: July 2011
Cabin Category: 5A

Valor.....
The cruise was my first one and it was the best vacation I have ever taken. Nothing can go perfect so I will cut to the chase on the problems that we had, then end with all the good stuff.

1. Lines... lines... lines... (nothing you can do about it) but people constantly cut line as you're boarding on or off.

2. We didn't get into the pool or hot tub at all because it was WAY over-crowded.

3. Children always playing in elevators pressing buttons and dropping stuff down them. (I don't have children, and would like to have not had them on my vacation)

4. Vacation = Drinking. Right... well drinks are good! But WAY too much, you are on vacation, to relax, not stress when you're popping close to 10 bucks per fruity drink with the little umbrella, even after tip included, it's expensive.

*******The good********

1. FANTASTIC customer service staff. Very diverse and very cordial.

2. Our rooms were always clean with fresh towels at least twice a day.

3. Comedy shows were great. If you are easily offended, don't watch it, but we loved it.

4. Music was good upbeat (turn it up next time ;-)

5. Food was great. Good selection and tons of it.

6. The front deck area is called the serenity and it was AMAZING for adults. Only very very nice, clean, pretty areas many chairs and hammocks, big circle chairs big enough for two, also a bar up there. (My favorite place on the ship)

I hope this will help anyone out with there vacation plans. I had a great time and it was very relaxing. We were always able to find places not full of people on the decks in the late evening and had a romantic time. The weather was great; I took so many great pictures and we already want to book another cruise with Carnival. They were fantastic to deal with and all of the people that work so hard is what makes people have such a fantastic vacation.

Publication Date: 08/02/11