Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ChelCG: Valor.....

ChelCG
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Valor.....

Sail Date: July 2011

The cruise was my first one and it was the best vacation I have ever taken. Nothing can go perfect so I will cut to the chase on the problems that we had, then end with all the good stuff.

1. Lines... lines... lines... (nothing you can do about it) but people constantly cut line as you're boarding on or off.

2. We didn't get into the pool or hot tub at all because it was WAY over-crowded.

3. Children always playing in elevators pressing buttons and dropping stuff down them. (I don't have children, and would like to have not had them on my vacation)

4. Vacation = Drinking. Right... well drinks are good! But WAY too much, you are on vacation, to relax, not stress when you're popping close to 10 bucks per fruity drink with the little umbrella, even after tip included, it's expensive.

*******The good********

1. FANTASTIC customer service staff. Very diverse and very cordial.

2. Our rooms were always clean with fresh towels at More least twice a day.

3. Comedy shows were great. If you are easily offended, don't watch it, but we loved it.

4. Music was good upbeat (turn it up next time ;-)

5. Food was great. Good selection and tons of it.

6. The front deck area is called the serenity and it was AMAZING for adults. Only very very nice, clean, pretty areas many chairs and hammocks, big circle chairs big enough for two, also a bar up there. (My favorite place on the ship)

I hope this will help anyone out with there vacation plans. I had a great time and it was very relaxing. We were always able to find places not full of people on the decks in the late evening and had a romantic time. The weather was great; I took so many great pictures and we already want to book another cruise with Carnival. They were fantastic to deal with and all of the people that work so hard is what makes people have such a fantastic vacation. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Oceanview Main 2465

Listed everything in main part. Loved our room always very clean and nice

We did the cave tubing, it was amazing. It was about an hour bus ride there; our tour guys were great, get off bus, on another old school bus just to go up a hill, (bring bug spray) VERY FUN, but you do have to carry a tube (so for the lazy people who complain about the 25 min walk carrying a tube, this isn't for you). Awesome sights inside the caves! They have lockers there to rent, take water proof camera, they take pictures of you which we got along with some extras that were nice (around $30). When you get done there is a place to eat some snacks, and some wine samples.

Here we did the Tulum Mayan ruins over the Sea... it was the most beautiful place. I took most of the pictures on this day. It was high up on a mountain top, walk down a stair case to the most perfect beach. (Small area though). It was so hot all day but was worth it. Iguanas were everywhere and it was so neat to see (do not stay with the group after you enter). The tour guide wasn't understandable and he took up time. I felt rushed because we had to be back at 1:55 and there was so much to see so after a while of listening to him talking, we just walked off which many people did and I am glad we did so. We had authentic Mexican food on our way back waiting to board the bus which is good. DON'T WALK ALONE, all they do is try to sell you cigars and souvenirs. Some have animals on their backs, but don't take pictures of them or they will try to sell you the picture for 3 dollars. They take you to the shop before you get there that is safe to shop at (I would shop there and check out the Black Rocks) we got some cool things at that shop. Oh and when going to the ruins, DO NOT pull out a camcorder or camera until you are in on your own, they will charge you 5 dollars cash at the gate if you are going to record... (another way to make money). I had a smaller camera and a larger one (duh... all cameras can record) but I told them I was not going to record. I paid $100 to them already and got crap I would never buy shoved in my face, so I am not giving them 5 dollars for anything else. And last the bus on the way there was covered in mosquitoes! Take bug spray. Don't have a conversation with the people selling stuff, because as soon as you walk off the boat (ride there takes a while, ride up top inside, the bottom has no air, so it's very hot) til the time you board the infested bus, they try to sell you stuff throwing it in your face.

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

Go to 7 mile beach! Had beautiful sand and water, we were mainly there and did some shopping.

Very nice area; we went to the beach which was very nice with plenty to eat and drink there. We had drinks at Fat Tuesdays, hung out in the water and beach (cool place for water-proof camera), walked around at the shops. It was another very relaxing day.

Read 1646 Roatan Reviews