Carnival Dream Cruise Review by msokoloff

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8F

Carnival was no 'DREAM'
Just returned from a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise aboard Carnival Dream. I must say that this was a beautiful ship but that's where the psoitives end! The entertainment was only fair. The welcome show gets old after you've been subjected to it several times. The "Legends" show was especially old.

The Food:

Dinner was somewhat disappointing on at least 4 of the nights. Selections were limited, and we had to rely on the flat iron steak. Often, the selections on the LIDO deck were superior. Breakfast was just OK. Someone should explain that not everyone likes runny scrambled eggs!!

However, the pizza was very good.

Entertainment:

Like I said, the welcome show must go! The Legends show must go! In between the entertainment was OK, but not up to Carnival standards.

The Cruise Director and entertainment Staff:

The lamest, least energetic crew I have witnessed on any cruise ship period. The Cruise Director needed either a defibrilator or a never ending energy drink. Others on the staff were similarly lackluster, thinking that 'cuteness' would see them through.

Comedy shows:

We got lucky here. Tony Esposito was a riot whether PG13 rated or R rated.

Unruly children and their parents:

In 10 + cruises, I have never seen a group of more unruly kids. I don't get the fascination of riding up and down in the elevator all day and all night long, making it difficult for adults to get to other areas of the ship. Adults corral your little brats! I know you are on vacation but we don't have to suffer because you want to drink or sun yourselves and let your kids run wild.

Embarkation:

Carnival gets it right!!!! The process was easy and quick. We used Carnival's shuttle from the Orlando airport to the Port. Our bags were unloaded, our porter tipped, and were in line. It was a fairly long line but it moved quickly, and in no time we were enjoying a cold drink on the LIDO deck.

Cabin:

We had a Balcony stateroom on Deck 10. Great cabin steward!

Room Service:

More prompt than I remember! Great PB & J, great chocolate cake.

Adult only areas:

Yeah, right! Overrun with kids! So much for a good idea. The Lanai, however, was almost always void of children, and had 2 whirlpools, and an area for adults to sit quietly and have a drink.

Lounges:

More of them, and Carnival has used them as entertainment venues. Good work!!

Overall:

Carnival DREAM is no dream. I don't think I would cruise on this ship again. Food just OK, but the ship itself was very attractive!

Publication Date: 08/01/11