Eurodam Cruise Review by techfashion: Great cruise on Eurodam

Great cruise on Eurodam

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Dover

We have been on 4 cruises, including Disney and Princess. This first cruise with Holland America was to the northern Europe-Baltic region.

We enjoyed our Baltic cruise very much. Food was great--lots of choices for family, some like steak/beef, others like fish. Best food was in the Pinnacle Grill--well worth the extra $20 per person for very good service, wonderfully prepared food. We went to this restaurant 3 times, including the Le Cirque night. My teenagers even asked to go here! I liked Tamarind too. We did not like Canaletto though--the pasta sauces were too heavy, choices pretty limited. Still, much better food than Princess.

Cabins were very spacious suites; verandahs quite large. Tub plus shower is very useful, as were double sinks. I did use the whirlpool tub, although it did take quite a while to fill.

Shore excursions were very good, esp. in St. Petersburg where there was an evening Hermitage tour for just Holland America passengers. No waiting More in huge lines; seeing the rooms with a small group was perfect.

Only port we didn't care for was Kiel. Would have preferred another port in Germany or an extra night in Stockholm. Loved Stockholm and cruising the archipelago.

Entertainment was disappointing, as others noted. Liked the piano bar. Husband liked the casino with many choices. Really need a comedian or other entertainment act a couple of the nights. Princess has better entertainment. Service was very good in all places. Cabin stewards and concierges were very helpful. In restaurants, service was prompt and very knowledgeable. Even when in lines for grill food in main self service restaurant, the cooks worked quickly and did food to order.

Fitness room was very good. Many cardio machines as well as free weights, weight machines, exercise balls. Very well done.

Spa was fine--like most ships though, they try to sell products after the service which I really dislike. Spa was very busy in the afternoons so be sure to check before waiting outside for your appt since they say to come to the spa 30 mins before treatment (way too long!). I did that, and then had to wait almost an additional 30 mins.

The covered pool area was great for cool days. I was able to swim comfortably by myself one morning, and use the spa. In the afternoons, much more crowded but there was a lot of seating area around the pool.

Overall we would cruise with Holland America again. Even my teenagers liked their cabin, and food and service (esp. room service!). Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>