Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by MerDavKar

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6B
Cabin Number: R177

LAND....was glad to disembark the Sucksation
First, I try to be positive when reviewing vacations, and after 6 cruises, I don't expect miracles. We booked the Sensation at the last minute to celebrate by sister's 30th bday...wanted to sail Monarch of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), but it was filled. PLENTY of rooms on the Sucksation though. Go figure!

Check-in was smooth, lots of friendly people and even one woman with a pom pom cheering...we needed that cheering for sure!! When we stepped on to the boat, there was no one to greet us, and we were immediately overwhelmed with the smell of sewage!! I just brushed it off, and we headed for the stateroom. Stateroom was very nice, however, you could only see the television from one bed and there were 3 of us in a room. We headed up to the pool deck and easily found a seat. Carnival should rethink Navy lounge chairs and towels....the heat was torture and trust me, I'm used to the heat!! Am used to seeing the cruise director, but Skip,was a NO SHOW the entire trip...that job should TOTALLY be Orlando's.

We went to the buffett that night which was TERRIBLE!! We ended up having to eat sandwiches, which would have been good, if they were warm in the middle. Sang Karaoke that night which was fun, but you felt like you were standing in the middle of a cafeteria..the lights weren't even low. Family reuinions were every where with matching shirts, and if you weren't apart then forget it! You could now smell nothing but smoke along with the sewage smell. Drunk people (and I drink!!) being dragged to bed, people making out so much they were one step away from you know what!

I could go on and on and on! Nassau was what you expect...DO NOT EVER take a water taxi...they cram enough people in to sink a boat and when my sister got seasick and stepped off, they gave away her seat. Atlantis is fine, but I was not impressed and was planning to take my kids but forget that..you walk about 2 miles to a pool or beach and drinks start at $10..who could enjoy that.

Fun day at sea...on the Sucksation, all you see is hairballs on the pool deck, sewage smell still, no room in the pool, etc.

Dining room was fine but not the waitress( she NEVER was around)...side portions are condiment cups (YES, like what you get salsa in). My chicken was enidible but French Onion Soup was excellent!

On a positive note Kishon the bartender is excellent as well as our stateroom attendent!

Maybe for a first time cruiser, you may enjoy, but I'll stay off of the Sucksation!! IF, I go on other cruise, it'll be the Disney Dream!

Publication Date: 07/30/11