Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by LVbarry

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by LVbarry
Member Name: LVbarry
Cruise Date: July 2011
Cabin Category: IF
See More About: Norwegian Sky Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
3 day getaway on the Sky
Norwegian Sky

This was my fifth NCL cruise. This was the three-day cruise that stops at the private island and Nassau. We took this cruise just as a quick getaway and had no shore plans.

I normally would not go in July (too hot for me) but this was just a quick break. I did go ashore in Nassau just to take pictures, as picture taking is a part of my cruises. The only problem with a short cruise is that every day is a port day and the ship essentially shuts down during the day (restaurants are open but very little daytime activities).

This cruise is great for people who enjoy all the ports have to offer. Most people I saw who spent the day at various activities really had a good time. I spent most of the time on the ship and activities got a little sparse (for me).

The food on the ship was very good and the main dining rooms had fast and courteous service. I always find the staff on NCL ships to be top notch and this ship was no exception. My fillet in Le Bistro was a fine piece of meat but was unfortunately overcooked (medium was well done). My brother in laws was overcooked as well so you may want to order yours one notch back if you eat there.

Entertainment was good and the comedian was a delight. The evening activities were always fun as usual.

My room was the smallest I have ever seen on a ship (0128) but had everything I needed. The room was well kept at all times. This is an older ship but it was in very nice shape in my opinion (clean, neat).

My final comment is about the staff.

I see reviews of rude and non-professional staff for all NCL ships.

I have never seen more dedicated and professional people than on my NCL cruises and this staff was exactly that. The bartenders remember your name instantly and the wait staff is always around when desired but not pushy in any way. Most floor staff remember the little things that make you feel special. I cannot stress highly enough how well my family and I are treated by NCL crews. The three of us cannot praise the staff highly enough.

Looking forward to the next NCL cruise.

Publication Date: 07/30/11