Pacific Pearl Cruise Review by steveb309

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: FF
See More About: Pacific Pearl Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | P&O Australia Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Pacific Pearl Review (by Cruise Critic!)
P123 Tahitian Treasures - 28 nights
Where can I start, our cruise of a lifetime on the beautiful Pacific Pearl. Right from the start let me say just how surprised I was by the Pacific Pearl and the staff on the ship. From the moment we boarded Pacific Pearl we were made to feel at home and part of a great family. The staff were polite, cheerful, helpful but more importantly they were fun. From the games they played, to entertainment provided by the singers and dancers to the friendly drink and food waiters they all had time to talk and make you smile.I found the ship to be in surprisingly good shape for a ship of her age.... I could see where they have refurbished the Waterfront dinning room, the Connections Bar, Orient Bar these 3 main areas were impressive, clean, comfortable and enjoyable. Charlies Cafe in the Atrium sold a wonderful Fruit Tart and we often skipped desert in the Waterfront to have one. The pools were FANTASTIC the fact there is a pool reserved for the adults and one for the kids was great not to mention the Splash Bar... or as we call it, a swim-up bar which had a waterfall into the pool. What a great place to socialise and cool down. The Big Screen was a big hit especially with playstation gaming access and movies. The Oasis area was a comfortable area for adults only including 2 spas and cocktails at their own bar. Our accommodation was well appointed with plenty of storage space for hanging and large drawers.

The plantation buffet was a sensational place to dine with the open air area at the aft of the ship, the food was always fresh and hot with a terrific variety from salads to full roast meals and deserts to die for.

We had plenty of time for some Duty Free Shopping on board and the variety was exceptional. We found that the self serve Shore Tour booking operation to be highly efficient and a convenient way to keep track of on board account transactions. There are 2 ATM's available and currency can be converted via the purser prior to each port of call and the exchange rate was often much higher on the ship then in the ports well done P&O

Dining at the Salt Grill Restaurant is highly recommended I was very pleasantly surprised at the size, range and quality of the food in the Salt Grill and the service and presentation was second to none.

What can I say this was my trip of a life time and like any Trip or Holiday its only what you make of it, You are presented with opportunity and what you make of them is completely up to you trust me I made the most of mine and loved every minute of my Tahhiti holiday.

Publication Date: 07/30/11