Noordam Cruise Review by philc128: Service Issues Continue to be a Problem on HAL

Noordam 3

Service Issues Continue to be a Problem on HAL

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

This was my 4th cruise on HAL. The issues that I noted in past HAL cruise surveys, plague the Noordam as well. Overall, poorly trained service personnel.

I found this to be especially true, surprisingly, in the Pinnacle Grill. If I can just some it all up in a few words, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. There just doesn't seem to be any communication going on between the dining room manager and servers.

In addition, on two occasions, steaks were served cold and overdone. Salads overdressed. Tomatoes served that were not ripe despite being told they were ripe.

The list goes on...there is just an overall lack of attention to detail.

Cabin steward was just okay. Had to bribe him to step up the level of service by telling him we were good tippers! It didn't matter. Had to continually ask for water in cabin.

Smoking continues to be a problem on verandas as well as in casino. I'm done with HAL. Going back to Celebrity. More

Good ports of call except for Tunisia which was a complete waste. Why they chose this port instead of an additional port in Sicily is beyond me. People who took the land tour complained it was a waste of time. Those of us who did not purchase port tours were offered 50% discounts on the Tunisia land tours, I guess due to light bookings. Not fair to those who paid full price! Less

Published 07/27/11

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Compare Prices on Noordam Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: SB6095 Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

Great cabin however bathroom needs updating. Plenty of storage and comfortable bed.

Read All Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite (SB) Reviews >>
philc128
Member Since 2011
1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X