Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by saucey1212

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: saucey1212
Cruise Date: July 2011
Cabin Category: 4E
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Mixed Review
This is our 2nd Carnival cruise. This is my mother 2nd cruise on this ship. She did the Medditerain cruise before and recommend this ship. We all love RCCL and just came off the Oasis of the Seas in April 2011. We want to cruise again with RCCL but we decided that $1600 per cabin was more affordable than $2200 on ship similar the Carnival Freedom. The Eastern ports were also attractive since we all have never been. Our party consist of my mother who is about 70, son 16 hrs old, spouse late 50's and myself late 40's.

Embarkment- We arrive at 11am. The lines were long about 2hrs. My mother is in a wheelchair and we were instructed to go to the Wheelchair assisted line. The lady that review our document was abrupt, rude and not informative. My mother who always pay by cash was abruptly told to put some money down. She did not take the time to explain the process. No smile no welcome. I wrote here names down. We were then told to go on the line. We were place on the lines with everyone. No wheel chair assistance. Thank God we were able yo wheel my mom cue the wait were long for staff to assist. The were elevator in some areas where there were stairs.

Cabins- We had 2 interior cabins. Both were clean and well stock with personal items. More that I have seen on prior cruises. The cabin stewart were nice. He came and introduce himself as we arrive. He remain very busy so firth first few days we see little of him but rooms were all clean.as we walk the halls going to the elevators we notice the other cabin Stewart respond to us appropriate just not as friendly as prior cruise.

Decor- Dreadful. Multicolored Manic. Awful.

Lido Deck- Small pools overcrowded. Typical of Carnival. People loud and drunk. I found that Carnival does not set any standard. Typical FUN SHIP so it everyone thinks they can do and act anyway. No structure.

Food- I found the food in Lido deck good but repetitious. Love the Mongolian Wok station and the Omelet station. We try the Fish Fry once was Ok. Pizza was good. I only ate once. I spend my time at the Mongolian Wok.

Dining room- There were 2 Elegant night. The 1st Elegant night was Lobster night. It was good in comparison to Lobster on Oasis of the Seas. Carnival always have a better food than RCCL and NCL. We ate at the Sung King Steakhouse and food was great. Service yaws top notch. Well worth the $30.

Disappointed with the service we receives in the dining room. The wait for food was long. The waiter was not friendly. When our foods were serve he was in a rush he was just throwing the plate of food on the table most of the time we has to position the place in place. When he picks up the dishes he did not smile or communicate to ask us how was our food. The assistance waiter she apologize for being busy and not attending to us. Our water glass was empty and long wait for another piece of bread. I have ordered a 2nd started on 2 occasions and did not get it. It cause a little disagreement with my family who did not want to say something about the service. Not wanting to cause anyone to lose their job. But later my husband who formerly had work on cruise ship said something to the assistant waiter on the lido deck and also another Head waiter. This behavior as I told other cruise passenger we upset and told what was occurring to Assistance

Maitre D. We were so upset that we did not go to dining room for 2 days. We decided to return because the Lido deck dinner was as good as the Main dining room food. The Maitre D came to our table also the head waiter but we choose not to say anything. At the end of the cruise he bought me white chocolate as I state I don't like dark chocolate. But the damage was already done. It was the last naught and those chocolate was left in the room. Too late the .

Good News:

We love the port of call. St. Thomas- we did not have any plans so we decided to ride the Sky ride to Paradise Point. Sky-ride was great. Good scenic pictures. It only $21.00 I thought it is worth it cause you can ride it as much as you like, don't plan on the fine the Paradise at Paradise Point. They say you can walk the Nature Trail. The is no nature to trail. The cages were all empty. I did not see any shopping. I would not eat or drink there. The ferries wheel look old rusty and not safe.

I still enjoy the ride and the beautiful pictures especially of the ship.

Antigua- No plans again- took a taxi with friends I met in the ship and tour around. We went to the New Cricket Station, airport and the hotels.

Tortola-I originally had plans for Tortola charters to take me to the V. Gorda and The Bath but I miss them by getting off the ship too late. So I took the Ferry to the Bath. The Cave there is a must See. Lots of picture op.

Nassau- beautiful. My favorite port so far. Segway was a blast. Fish fry was good. I ate lunch there after the Segway and the Conch was good. TWiIN BROTHERS is the recommend place to eat but the lines and wait is long. So my taxi driver recommend the restaurant next door which he state is just as good. It was was definitely good to us.

Adult serenity was nice areas to relax however difficulty to get a hammock or a chair cause people will place towels and save it all day long. The staff did not did anything about it. This areas was not check frequently.

Entertainment- The welcome show was a bust. This usually tells you what to expect. The comedian was dry at the welcome show and the Dancer were typical so this lost my interest. We went to the 1st and 2nd show and they were no good. Never went to the comedian show and form other cruiser they were no good. Chessy. No originality.

The legend show- which were cruiser who perform as legend such as Aretha Franklin was great.

Oh GOD- let's not talk about the Teen activity- Club 02- staff was not present at all times while the kids in the Club. Very little activity. My son says he is lazy, sarcastic and he does not know how he get his Jon. My son says a kid ask him how he get his job and he says job application. Mot I went to college and get s degree. The teens just hang out or make their own activity.

Let's not talk about the band- foul mouth with children running all round. Big screen was there for nothing. Carnival needs to get better on the activity. They could have show more movies especially on sea days.

Overall- Thank God we know how to have fun in despite all our experiences. We still had a blast creating our own activity,

Publication Date: 07/27/11