Carnival Glory Cruise Review by bbcostello

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: bbcostello
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Carnival Glory - Great Ship!
I just returned home from my cruise on the Carnival Glory. I took my mom with me, who is in a wheelchair for her 75th birthday. I, like everyone else, read the reviews before I left and 2 things scared from those reviews. There were statements of bad service and horrible food. I found none of this on my cruise.

Embarkaction: No issues at all, lines were normal. We were in the handicap section so we did not have to wait, but I was looking around and I did not see long lines at all. We were on the ship by 12:00PM.

Waiting for our room: They said rooms would be ready by 1:30PM so we went to the 9th floor and ate a very nice relaxing lunch. We ate outside near the pool because inside was crowded, but that was OK with us since we had a better view of the city. Explored the ship a little and then met a very nice team member (part of the photographers) and talked with him till about 1:45PM.

Our room: We had a handicap room right outside the elevator in the 6th floor mid ship. LOVED it! It was perfect for my mom and VERY clean. Flat screen TV, nice amenities tray in the bathroom, 2 bathrobes, AND breath right strips, we had them unlock the refrigerator so we could put medicine in there. More then enough space for our clothes. I always bring a multi outlet set so I can plug my phone, camera, etc. all at the same time. we had out luggage by 2:15 and started to unpack and put everything away.

Ship - VERY clean, yes it is not a new ship, but all I really care about is does it work and is it clean. This ship was perfect, more then enough to do and see. We really enjoyed the comedians. the hairy chest contest was pretty funny too.

Dining - I have a very serious allergy and addressed it at the first dinner. The crew was on top of everything. the food was great. I don't eat that much and food is not the most important part of my vacation, so I am really not that picky, but I thought the food was more then acceptable. i don't like buffets, so we really did not eat there except for lunch and then I only used the deli. We ate breakfast in the dining room every morning and loved and had dinner there to. Never a disappointment.

Activities - If you cant find something fun to do then I don't know what to tell you. There is always something going on. We did not go any of the review shows but always had something to do that was fun and entertaining. Remember I was limited too, because of my mom's handicap and I never had a problem having fun on this ship.

Departing the ship - Again a wheelchair makes a difference, so I really speak on this. I did not have any problems.

I would not hesitate to go on this ship or any of the Carnival ships. My favorite line is NCL, but Carnival is a close 2nd in my book and as far as traveling and expectations I am pretty hard to please, as I manage a hotel and know what to expect with hospitality. this ship knows what to deliver with hospitality as well.

Publication Date: 07/27/11