Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ILive4Him: It's All About the Ship!

ILive4Him
Member Since 2004

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

It's All About the Ship!

Sail Date: July 2011

This is my 11th cruise and the Allure is by far the best ship I've ever been on. I traveled with my husband, 20 year old son and his girlfriend. We are athletic and love adventure. The Allure is huge but easy to navigate. It is high tech; the whirlpools go on automatically, there are touch screens in the hallways to give you directions, updates on events, etc. The Ocean Aria Aqua Show has a floor beneath the water that raises and lowers to accommodate the platform divers.

There are iPod charging stations and flat screen TV's in all the staterooms. The entire ship is super clean, organized and absolutely beautiful! There is a beautiful, peaceful garden area called Central Park. There is always something to do, surfing, zip lining, dance classes, dodge ball tournaments, ping pong, mini golf, etc. We did all the latter and more.

You can do as much or as little as possible. I suggest making your reservations for all the shows online before set sail or immediately after More getting on the ship. Then, be sure to show up for the shows at least 15 minutes early or your seats will be given away to those who didn't make reservations. They scan your sea pass before you enter the show; it is so easy and organized.

I brought a highlighter and used it on my compass (daily activity guide) every day. (I booked all my shows after walking on to the ship and I saw all the shows.) Post your reservation sheet in your room so you can see it before you go to dinner every night. I recommend scheduling the Aqua Show early in the week just in case of a "rain out", so you'll have the opportunity to see it later in the week if this happens. You do not want to miss this show, it is incredible (think Cirque de Solei on water)

We ate dinner in the main dining room every day. The service and food were fantastic. We sampled almost everything on every menu: steaks, seafood, Indian food, desserts, etc. and felt there was no need to eat in the specialty restaurants. I requested a window table, but the dining room is so huge and open any table would have been great.

If you plan on zip lining and surfing go early in the week and don't wait until the last day. Zip line and rock climb early in the day before you get wet and slick from sun screen and be sure to wear shorts and shoes.

I read a few posts complaining about things I'd like to address. If you need to take the stairs instead of the elevator because of the wait, don't worry, it's good exercise. If the ship is "too big", why did you go on it in the first place? It is advertised as the "world's largest cruise ship". I'm not sure how you can complain about it being too big when you knew this before you left.

There are plenty of quiet spaces on the ship other than your stateroom. You might have to walk around to find them on this big cruise ship but again, remember that you've eaten a lot and now you have the opportunity for some exercise.

So be thankful you have had the opportunity to go on a cruise in the first place. Get yourself organized and then make memories with the ones you love. Remember life is never perfect, but you have the choice to make even an imperfect cruise a memory that will last a lifetime. Remember, you could be the one cleaning the stateroom and instead you are a guest on the newest, largest cruise ship in the world. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 8182

Great room! Spacious and well appointed.