Carnival Magic Cruise Review by smurf120

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Magical Fun in Europe
Carnival Magic cruise in Western Mediterranean was a wonderful trip and great way to explore Europe. The cruise was great way to have housing at night and all the food you can muster during the day. I don't want to rehash all that was mentioned before - so here are my summaries:

Staterooms - we had balcony room on 6 - the rooms were large and comfortable. Staff kept everything well kempt and towels well stocked everyday. For those of us experiencing jetlag and could not sleep through the night, the 24 hour rotation of the same 2 movies every 3 hours was not helpful.

Food - we had Your Time Dining (6:45 PM - 9:00 PM), never had trouble getting a table but did rotate about the dining room every night. At least we got a chance to meet a variety of diners and staff! Food was delicious - quite a feat since need to serve thousands of people every night. Lido deck was my least favorite for breakfast since there is always rush of people. During sea day we had lunch at Cucina Capitana - pasta was good - chicken was standout since I don't usually like white meat.

Red Frog pub - great fun - we tried to see how much "tubes" we can finish but the staff retrieved them for other patrons to use. I wish we could get those pictures. Did not try their special brew.

Casino - I was surprised by how clean and how well the filtering system must have been working - maybe new ship? Last time I cruised, I had asthma attack and sinus infection from smoke in the casino. Did not leave the ship coughing at all!

Skytrack - I wish I can go back and run the skytrack again. It was so much fun - even though I was outraced by 7 yr old.

Publication Date: 07/26/11