“First Time Alaska”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The 5 of us shared 2 cabins. My mother(75), Daughter(17) and Son(19)shared one cabin and my wife and I the other.

First I would have to say I am glad they are moving the cruise to Seattle next year. Flights to Vancouver were at least $200 more per person than similar flights to Seattle. Customs was a hassle at the airport and getting on and off the ship. Vancouver was nice, but not worth the extra hassle and expense.

The service was great. I can't believe how many couples take 2-4 year-olds on a cruise to Alaska. Entertainment was good. The patches worked great for my wife and son. My son appreciated the quality of the 3rd bed in his cabin (much better than a typical sofa bed).

My daughter insisted on eating at Triton's (sit down service) for lunch and breakfast. Used the hot tub some. Too cold to swim - at least for me. All told we must have consumed well over a 100 cups of hot chocolate on deck.

Seemed like families with small kids were waiting in line for character photos every time you turned around. My son check out the college kids group a couple times (they were a bit rowdy for him). My daughter didn't really check out the HS scene. My 2 teenagers did enjoy exploring together. My Mom enjoyed the trip too but usually retired early each evening.

Overall great cruise. 3 of us did come down with colds at the end of the trip.

Disney Wonder Cruises to British Columbia
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Standard Inside Stateroom

Port
Nice port - walked to the capital. Took bus to Mendenhal Glacier - cheap and worth it.

Read 1,108 Juneau Reviews
Port
Rode the White Pass Railway - then went to Liars camp. Train ride was nice (8 out of 10). Nice main street in town.

Read 833 Skagway Reviews
Published 07/26/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Wonder Review
Disney Wonder Cruises to British Columbia
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?