Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by brendacruise: July 4- 11 day Splendor- Venice to Venice

brendacruise
0 Post

Compare Prices on Splendour of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

July 4- 11 day Splendor- Venice to Venice

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

The first day was embarkment in the Venice port. It was smooth but there was some wait. But all in all I thought fine. It did take 6 hours to get my luggage and I had jet-lag and wanted to go to bed. We then wondered the ship and were very excited. Our cabin was very clean and spacious enough for me and my daughter. Our stateroom attendant Robert was Excellent!! We then went out exploring Venice. Absolutely breathtaking (teared up). The next port I believe was Montenegro where we walked up the hill 1350 steps I heard someone say. It is a breathtaking town of stone and narrow streets, we loved it!! Back on the ship for dinner. I thought the food was fantastic on the ship. Next we travelled to Turkey, Greece and Croatia. Athens was not overly impressive as everyone at our 630 dining time thought as well as myself. I would book a private tour here and go on your own on your own time. Santorini and Mykonos were unbelievably beautiful. Both ports are easy to do on your own. We booked a More private tour in Ephesus which we loved. Very lovely in Bodrum as well. It was nice returning to the ship each afternoon as we walked Allloooootttttt!!!!!! The ship personal were always friendly and helpful. I believe the last port was Croatia, Split. I think we were just exhausted by then because we didnt really find anything there that stood out to us. This one I might suggest the ship tours outside the city to their national park. I would do that if I were to do this again, as the town was just ok to us.

As far as the Splendor of the Seas ship. I thought it was clean. We never got sea sick. The sleeps were great. I used the gym 3 times and went to a spin class that was really good (and I teach spin)- it was good!! We used the spa and got facials etc. I dont think I would recommend a facial as it was not up to the standards of my city but you never know unless you try it. The buffet was incredible. Great selection of food. I had a coffee each morning at the Seattles Best which is on the ship. Again, the staff was incredible. Our servers in the restaurant went above and beyond their duty and so did our stateroom attendant. The shows were pretty good too. We enjoyed them. One of them even got a standing ovation.

All and ALL this was a fantastic cruise with marvelous ports to see. I would highly recommend this!! Trip of a lifetime for us!! Less

Read more Splendour of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Splendour of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Splendour of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 6 9063

(5.5)
great hill climb. view of city is unreal. great little shops. nice and reasonable restaurants. one of our favorites
Read 129 Kotor Reviews

ephesus tour with private company, awesome!!
Read 362 Kusadasi Reviews

(5.5)
beutiful beach town. went to a resort for a couple hours, just beautiful
Read 378 Mykonos Reviews

just walked the town. take a tour to their national park because just walking around didnt really impress us. we also thought it was expensive here.
Read 142 Split Reviews