Keep well clear if you have a pulse.: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Refined Rob
Overall Member Rating
Keep well clear if you have a pulse.
Destination: Baltic Sea
We decided to try Cunard line to see if it lived up to the hype and history, oh dear what a big disappointment.
1. The ship was very basic compared to many other ships that have been manufactured over the past 2 - 4 years. The dEcor was not finished to a high standard which we expected, and the main focal point in the atrium had defects and the veneer was lifting off at the top. It should be returned to the person who produced it, and ask for a refund. The iron work on the banisters and other areas were very basic with very little decoration or imagination.
2. The cabins were the worse we have ever been in. We were in an AA grade balcony so we did not expect too much, but More it was worse than we could have imagined. No dEcor in the cabins, blank walls (this was also true to all the corridors of the ship), and the television was just a bit larger than my i-pad.
3. We never met our cabin steward and still do not know if it was a male or female, the rest of the crew were nearly asleep or just looked bored. It is the first time on a cruise ship that we have had crew members in groups smoking on the passenger decks.
4. The muster drill was the longest 45 minutes of my life, the captain talking so slowly and repeating himself that a lot of the passengers fell to sleep during it.
5. The restaurants were as all other restaurants on any cruise ship, but the menus and what you received were two different things. I think the waiter thought that the passengers would forget what they ordered so they brought out what ever was closest to hand. Running out of certain foods was common, but this was the first time I have ever known napkins running out. The buffet area was pleasant and did offer a good selection of food, but the afternoon tea was over rated and did not compare to the ones that we have had on Princess.
6. The crew treated all the passengers as if they were in an old peoples home, instead of mature adults on holiday. We were told by experienced crew that the Cunard Line had gone down in its standards ever since it was taken over by Carnival. The ship looked and felt like an Americans idea of what British refinement in the early part of the 20th century should be, and getting every part of it wrong. Entertainment in pubs does not include cocktail style performances.
Overall I would pick Celebrity or Princess over Cunard, and for customer service any other cruise line than Cunard. If they wish to promote themselves as a Luxury Line that do voyages not cruises, they need to go back to the drawing board and have a good look at the competition that is leaving them way behind in their wake. If you are waiting for god and have no idea of style then Cunard is the line for you, if you have a pulse and need a stimulating holiday stay well clear of Cunards Queen Elizabeth. Less
Cabin review: AA
Not the best cruise we've expe...
Disappointing Chrismas Get Awa...
Every thing you wanted?
Great New Year on Queen Elizab...