Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Rodomaster: Good way to see Italy if you're paid in US dollars

Rodomaster
Member Since 2008

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Good way to see Italy if you're paid in US dollars

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I booked this cruise over a year ago when I saw the prices that Carnival charged that were much lower than we had paid before with Costa or other advertised cruises. The best deal is the 2-port hole cabin for the inside cabin price. There's only about 6 forward cabins with the port holes. We wanted to see more of Italy and if you're paid in US dollars this is about the cheapest way to do it.

My wife & I enjoyed our experience with the Carnival Magic. We had the any-time dining at the Northern Lights Restaurant and liked it very much. We also enjoyed the food & service with our meals.

Our 7-night cruise from Barcelona was very busy with an excursion each day except for the one sea day returning to Barcelona so we didn't see any shows or spend time at the casino or bars much.

I was surprised how many 20's & 30's couples there were on board. It certainly wasn't a cruise for old geezers though we are rapidly approaching that age group! We enjoyed More talking to all the other Americans, Europeans & Aussies on board. Everyone was very friendly & fun to talk with.

The pool area with the out-door movie screen was very popular. They'd show a family film in the early evening so couples with children could have a good time watching a film together eating pop-corn!

We did spend some time at the Red Frog Pub in the evening and enjoyed Danny playing his guitar & songs. There was also a damn good rock band that did some good cover versions of Led Zeppelin at the pool area.

We met a few Americans that had never been to Europe before & I think Carnival offered them a good way to experience Italy with low stress & low cost.

Overall, we enjoyed this cruise and had a lot of fun. With their new smoking restrictions coming into place in December we won't be on Carnival again but if you don't smoke & want to experience Europe at an affordable price, I don't think you'll find a better deal than what Carnival has to offer!

I enjoyed hearing the cruise director John Heald'shumorous announcements. Especially to discover if the Salmonds made it back to the ship before we sailed! It seemed that couple were always at the last minute to get back to the ship! John made it an hilarious nightly airing!

The crew work hard and are cheerful. It is a Fun Ship! Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Interior Riviera 1214

For our Carnival excursion to Ancient Herculaneum we were fortunate to have Paolo Mazzarella as our guide. He was outstanding in explaining the history & culture of this site in an entertaining & humorous way! Check with Carnival to see if he'll be your guide. You won't be disappointed! You can also reach him at: mazzarella1001@yahoo.it.

Read 652 Naples Reviews