Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Nozzlehead

Member Name: Nozzlehead
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 8A

Our first cruise, but not last!
This was my wife and I first experience with cruising. I had plenty of people tell us we would love it and few stating they would never do it again. So with that in mind we went for a short 5 day with carnival Triumph to western Caribbean. The folks in New Orleans were fantastic. We arrived at the terminal at about 1130 AM and were on the ship in no time. The bags arrived at the room about 6 that evening which I thought was a little slow. The ship itself was very clean the room was fantastic. I had researched the best cabins for quiet and I hit pay dirt! The room 8208 was much quieter than the Hilton hotel we had spent the previous night in!

Our cabin steward was great as well as all of the other crew members. Overall the food was good with the best in the dining rooms in the evening. Buffets were nothing fantastic, but good. The shows were OK, but the adult comedy shows are a must see. The only complaint I have with the entire ship would be the cigarette smoking in the casino. Signs say smoking only at designated machines, but smoking was every where. Being in the casino I can understand some of it, but the stench was all over with people standing in groups by the restrooms. Remove the signs if no one is going to enforce them.

The best part of the trip was doing nothing but soaking up the sun and reading a good book!Overall we had a great time and look forward to our next trip.

Publication Date: 07/25/11