Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Nozzlehead: Our first cruise, but not last!

Nozzlehead
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Our first cruise, but not last!

Sail Date: July 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was my wife and I first experience with cruising. I had plenty of people tell us we would love it and few stating they would never do it again. So with that in mind we went for a short 5 day with carnival Triumph to western Caribbean. The folks in New Orleans were fantastic. We arrived at the terminal at about 1130 AM and were on the ship in no time. The bags arrived at the room about 6 that evening which I thought was a little slow. The ship itself was very clean the room was fantastic. I had researched the best cabins for quiet and I hit pay dirt! The room 8208 was much quieter than the Hilton hotel we had spent the previous night in!

Our cabin steward was great as well as all of the other crew members. Overall the food was good with the best in the dining rooms in the evening. Buffets were nothing fantastic, but good. The shows were OK, but the adult comedy shows are a must see. The only complaint I have with the entire ship would be the cigarette smoking in the More casino. Signs say smoking only at designated machines, but smoking was every where. Being in the casino I can understand some of it, but the stench was all over with people standing in groups by the restrooms. Remove the signs if no one is going to enforce them.

The best part of the trip was doing nothing but soaking up the sun and reading a good book!Overall we had a great time and look forward to our next trip. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Verandah 8208

8208 is nice quiet room close to stairs!

Had a great time snorkeling. I have experienced Hawaii many times, but I have to say the water here was just as blue, but crystal clear. Unbelievable! The beer was cold and the Margaritas were strong.. a great combination. One thing I cannot understand is why people are late at every port? Do they not have watches or do they just not care about anyone but themselves? 5-10 minutes late OK, but 30 -45 minutes..come on, If was the Captain I would have left em!

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

Went on the 4 hour tour of the Dzibilchaltun ruins. Fantastic tour. The guide David did an exceptional job. Hot & humid this time of year take water and good walking shoes.

Read 284 Progreso Reviews