Oriana Cruise Review by astleym1: Pleasant but Old, Decrepid, Flakey, Tired & Weary
Overall Member Rating
Pleasant but Old, Decrepid, Flakey, Tired & Weary
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Cake & Eat it? lets see!
17 Nights & No flying required (always a bonus!), Ports of call Malaga, Dubrovnik, Venice (2 Days), Split, Corfu & Cadiz.
A difficult one to call this as at £1000 pp (after deducting o/b spend) this was a 'real steal' and we received our very 1st ever upgraded from Deck E to C. Having checked out the reviews there were no real 'nightmare' stories although it was clear from some that the Oriana was due for a refurb! and boy were they right.
Cabin was fine & most staff friendly, Food was excellent as always, Entertainment Team were quite good for P & O but the facilities available left a lot to be desired from
1) Toilets not working or worst continually flushing all night on its own,
2) Power failures one of which led to the 1st sitting being delayed.
3) No water! I kid you not
4) Gym equipment already broken at start and never repaired for the duration.
5) None of More the Jacuzzi's worked properly, and those that were available were either full of sand or simply hot water with no bubbles.
6) Sauna never got to temperature as heaters were to small to heat large area
7) No lights in changing rooms
8) Some staff were arrogant, rude or simply uninterested.
8) No cold water - always hot despite on being on lowest temperature
9) Public Toilets regularly out of order.
I'm not one to complain (yeah right, my better half guffaws!!) but overall I consider we got a bargain cruise, however, it was not sold cheaper based on the condition of the ship. So it could be a case of me having my cake and eating it, either way the Oriana is a very nice ship but in dire need of an overhaul. Less
Read more Oriana cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oriana Review >>
Great Vacation in Europe
Christmas at Sea
Viking Sea - a new style of sh...
Christmas & New Year cruise on...
CHRISTMAS FUN ???????
DO NOT EVEN GET ON THIS SHIP!