“Family ship”

Katinkasas
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I can hardly believe that we were on the same cruise as some of the former cruise critic.

This time we were 7 familypeople from 4 to 70 years old in 3 balcony cabins,and I must say we had a wonderfull time. We arrive at Rome from Copenhagen, Denmark 1 day before departure. We were picked up at the airport by Rome Cabs, which company we now have used several times when visiting Rome and I can strongly recommend this company. We are always staying in hotel Colonna Palace near Pantheon when we are in Rome. The hotel has a lovely roof terrasse with view to the church Sct. Peter.

Our enbarkation next day in Civitavecchia went very smoothly and we were onbord in no time.

Our cabins were ready at 1 pm and our luggage came short afterwards. The stateroom attendent has very much to do, but his service was exellent.

We had dinner in the main dining room and our waiter was very good and also very kind to the children. We were a little disapointed with the food, especially the meat could have been better. We had a gold wine package and 2 of the wines were sold out.

The entertainment in the theater was so and so. We loved the Motown show. The Beatles show have we seen many times now.

In Messina our children and grandchildren went on the family tour to Etna and the were very satisfied.

In Athen my wife was our tourguide as we have visited Athen about 12 times now. (There is only 3 hours flight from Copenhagen to Athen).

We went early and saw the Acropolis and the new Acropolis Museum. Then greek lunch in our favourite taverna in the Plaka and finally shhopping near Monestraki.Metro back to Piraus and bus 843 back to the ship.

In Kusadasi we had hired EKOL Travel to take our family to Efesos. We went very early and we were the first visitors to the house of virgin Mary. So quiert before all the buses came along.

In Chania our children and grandchildren went to the beach, but my wife and I took the shuttle bus from the ship to Chania. Very efficient service. In Chania we visited the Archiological museum, the naval and the Byzantine Museums.

Our disembarkation also wnt very smoothly and Rome Cabs took us to the aipirt directly.

Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Navigator of the Seas Review
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?