Disney Magic Cruise Review by Agent555: 11 Night Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise

Agent555
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Cruises

11 Night Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Normally we would spend Christmas at home with mountains of snow but for 2010 we decided to do something different. I have been on 2 previous Disney cruises before this Holiday cruise and they have both been superb! This cruise was a little bit different, longer cruise more people than ever before and it stop at at least 2 brand new ports to DCL. I purchased a miniature Christmas tree to make the room more festive for the season! There were some ups and downs with the service but in all a great vacation. All tours and excursions listed were booked direct with DCL.

Pre Night: Hyatt Regency at the Orlando Airport(MCO). Great hotel they were going through renovations so the morning of the cruise was a little different but still very efficient.

Embarkation: Was Painfully Slow because we could not do our check in and the airport because we were considered International guests we had to wait in some very long lines. Once they started boarding everything became rushed and More was difficult.

Once on board we went to top siders buffet and enjoyed our lunch and waited for the sweet tunes When you wish upon a star...

Dinner Service: Our head server was not up to par, we rarely saw him and was not as efficient we could see the table be seated after us and still receive there meals before us. He was not bad just I have had better. Our drink waiter was never a bore he was always waiting to fill our glass or create new mind puzzle for us to solve! Overall good service but it did need improvement.

Food: Delicious...need I say more?

Entertainment: I went to all of the performances the Broadway styles plays were FANTASTIC! The hypnotist was hilarious and as was the balancing act.. the only one I did not enjoy and sad to say I nearly fell asleep was the Jimmy Buffet tribute band. I stayed for the entire performance but I could have skipped on it.

Ports of Call: Great completely different then what I've ever done!

Movie Theater: Tron, Tangled and Secretariat were the first run movies being played.

Characters: There were always plenty to go around we didn't wait in line for them if we saw one open we would go otherwise we walked by with smiles.

Christmas: Christmas on the ship was good they had a midnight mass, and Santa Clause brought all the Children a present it was nice to see. All the characters had Christmas Clothing on and they created a special menu for the occasion. Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck Eight 8560

8560: Deck 8 midship a Great Cabin 1 queen bed, pull out sofa and bunk bed and a pull out wall bed. Sleeps 5. It can get a little crowded especially when all the beds are layed out. Nice balcony and just a great location!

Barbados is a fun island, so much to see and do but so little time. I took an jeep tour (Island Safari) through Barbados (very good) they showed us the town and the country side and since we were in jeeps they took us off road it was great! They had a stop in the middle of the tour at a coffee/tea house where the locals set out little trinkets you could buy as souvenirs. A worthwhile tour if you want to see a lot of Barbados in a little bit of time.

Read 703 Barbados Reviews

Guadeloupe is absolutely fantastic and french :) , the people are friendly and the country is beautiful. For this lovely island we took a tour to an old Creole plantation, waterfalls and a botanical garden. The falls were great I wish I had more time to actually explore it was a bit rushed. The group was a little big you couldn't hear what the guide was saying unless you were at the front of the group but there were plenty of signs to read that explained the story. If you love flowers this botanical garden is for you!! So many beautiful colors and I wish I could plant them at home!

Again another french island if you could guess over half of the guests on the cruise were french. A beautiful island, lush and friendly people. We visited local gardens and shops and a magnificent church and a run distillery. La Savane is a group of trees lined up along an entire road they are so tall I had difficulties getting them in one picture. The rum distillery was interesting because I had never seen one before they also had a tasting at the end.

A Fantastic Island!

(5.5)
Well the port isn't Nassau but Disney's own private island Castaway Key. This island has everything you could possibly want! I love it so much I can't put it into words!

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

St. Maarten is a great destination we took a bus tour that took us around the entire Island. Our driver originally from Houston definitely was worth the money. We went from the Dutch side to the French side you could see the difference between the two from the houses to the roads and laws. Once the bus ride was over we took a semi submarine and saw tons of fish. Would've loved to see more but that's all we had time for great port to explore and I will be going back!

St Thomas was by far my least favorite port because all they focused on was Duty Free Shopping everywhere. Once you got passed everyone trying to make you purchase everything and anything. Once you pass all the shops I find it to be a decent island. I went to an aquarium and saw sharks, sea lions, star fish and more. The also have a mini bird exhibit where you can purchase nectar to feed the birds and they will perch on your arm. That was awesome. After the aquarium I tested out another semi submarine the water was rougher which made it difficult to see anything but I sure on a calm day it would've been nice.

Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews