Disney Magic Cruise Review by Agent555

Cruise Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 4A
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
11 Night Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise
Normally we would spend Christmas at home with mountains of snow but for 2010 we decided to do something different. I have been on 2 previous Disney cruises before this Holiday cruise and they have both been superb! This cruise was a little bit different, longer cruise more people than ever before and it stop at at least 2 brand new ports to DCL. I purchased a miniature Christmas tree to make the room more festive for the season! There were some ups and downs with the service but in all a great vacation. All tours and excursions listed were booked direct with DCL.

Pre Night: Hyatt Regency at the Orlando Airport(MCO). Great hotel they were going through renovations so the morning of the cruise was a little different but still very efficient.

Embarkation: Was Painfully Slow because we could not do our check in and the airport because we were considered International guests we had to wait in some very long lines. Once they started boarding everything became rushed and was difficult.

Once on board we went to top siders buffet and enjoyed our lunch and waited for the sweet tunes When you wish upon a star...

Dinner Service: Our head server was not up to par, we rarely saw him and was not as efficient we could see the table be seated after us and still receive there meals before us. He was not bad just I have had better. Our drink waiter was never a bore he was always waiting to fill our glass or create new mind puzzle for us to solve! Overall good service but it did need improvement.

Food: Delicious...need I say more?

Entertainment: I went to all of the performances the Broadway styles plays were FANTASTIC! The hypnotist was hilarious and as was the balancing act.. the only one I did not enjoy and sad to say I nearly fell asleep was the Jimmy Buffet tribute band. I stayed for the entire performance but I could have skipped on it.

Ports of Call: Great completely different then what I've ever done!

Movie Theater: Tron, Tangled and Secretariat were the first run movies being played.

Characters: There were always plenty to go around we didn't wait in line for them if we saw one open we would go otherwise we walked by with smiles.

Christmas: Christmas on the ship was good they had a midnight mass, and Santa Clause brought all the Children a present it was nice to see. All the characters had Christmas Clothing on and they created a special menu for the occasion.

Publication Date: 07/24/11