Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Meli26

Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: Meli26
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: M
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Explorer of the Seas, Bermuda 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!
We just got back from a 5 day cruise on explorer of the SEAS!! It was myself, my husband, and 2 friends(whom are also married.) Being a first time cruiser, i had no idea what to expect, so the first day I was EXTREMELY NERVOUS!!! We sailed out of Cape Liberty, and the PORT WAS AN EXPERIENCE. One of the porters told us they usually have 15 guys from Homeland security, but this particular day they had 5!! (I really felt safe after that). Anyway, it was complete Mayham as people were were trying to get on the boat. Once inline, the process went pretty easy, it was long, but easy. ONLINE CHECK IN IS ADVISABLE!! Anyway, we get through all off that and arrive on the boat. Security was a breeze, actually a little two easy, but i digress.

Our room was small of course, but pretty nice for an interfior cabin. They look much better in person than on the website. After we went to our room, we went to the windjammer for the lunch buffet.Due to my bad nerves, i couldnt eat much, so i popped a dramamine and watched my hubby eat. The staff on this boat made my fears COMPLETELY DISAPPEAR!! By the second day we were FULL PLEDGED CRUISERS!!

We docked in Bermuda for 2 days, and IT RAINED!! However, its Beautiful and verything is easily accesible.

WE ate in the main dining room ONCE, the windjammer was where we spent our time, although the food could have been better. Johnny Rockets was good, b ut you pay. The Mystery dinner theater advetised, DONT EXIST. HOWEVER, THE DRINKS WERE AMAZING and so was the ENTERTAINMENT! JIMMY the CRUISE DIRECTOR IS THE BEST AND PLEASE DONT MISS A SHOW!! The marraige game show and the Quest game show was the highlight of our cruise! I think we will be known as the cruise with "VAN-MAN"...INSIDER!! lol. The Chamber is a good place to party after hours, and the boats activities is NEVER CROWDED!

NOW, our stateroom attendant was NOT GOOD. Her name was Maricca and she just wasnt good. We got no discharge directions, no cruise compass, toilet wouldnt flush more than once, and THEY LOST OUR PICS!! Water is like MONEY ON THIS BOAT!! They want you to buy theirs. And this morning, MAricca who couldnt be reached through out the cruise knocked loudly yelling my husbands name @ 8:30 saying, "Time to go, hurry up gotta clan room!! Are you kidding??? We took our time, and arrived at our meting dstination @ 9:30, afterwards leaving the port, and going through customs took 20 MINUTES TOPS!!!!!!! BIG diffrence FROM ARRIVAL. All in ALL, my eyes watered as we went to our cars...reality hit. No more shows, drinks, food and good company. I really missed the fun, just watch out for CERTAIN THINGS.
Publication Date: 07/24/11