Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Dobermann

Allure of the Seas
Member Name: Dobermann
Cruise Date: June 2011
Cabin Category: D5

Don't understand the hype!
This was the least favorite of the 5 cruises I have been on. There was no peaceful place to go on this ship. There were kids EVERYWHERE! With no adult supervision. Often times you'd see a 10 year old in charge of much younger children. It was sort of like being stuck at Disney World. For such a big ship there was surprisingly little to do. If you are looking to spend some romantic time with your spouse, this is not the ship to do it on. This is my first and last time cruising with Royal Carribean.

Central park is nice for a minute but you realize there is little deck space on top of the ship because there are 2 giant holes in it to account for Central Park and the boardwalk. We spent a lot of time in the room because there was no quiet place to go. This was the most expensive and least fulfilling cruise I have been on. There is definitely a more rough and tumble crowd on the ship. The solarium was nice until about 11 am when people would actually bring personal radios and start blasting crappy music and waiters would start shouting for people to buy their drinks. We made the mistake of doing the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion through the ship and that was a complete waste of $300. We dock at 7 am but you don't actually get to aquaventure until 9:30 and the rides don't open til 10 am and we had to be back on the bus by 1pm. So in short we paid $300 for 3 hours at an overrated waterpark and the atlantis resort. I honestly think I would have had more fun if I stayed at home for the week.

Royal Caribbean charged for EVERYTHING! There were no nice touches as I had come to expect with other cruiselines. Dining was ordinary. Chops and central park were good. Giovannis and Samba were bad. MDR and windjammer were good. Nothing was excellent. Central park cafe and the buffet in the solarium had nice healthy choices. Overall I was very disappointed with this trip. I didn't even participate in win a cruise bingo and I love bingo. I did not want to win a free cruise with Royal Caribbean.
Publication Date: 07/24/11