Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by jack1945

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: VS
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

To Alaska with Carnival
After a smooth embarkation, DW and I went to our cabin and marveled at the 30 ft. balcony. The food was from poor to outstanding. The buffet was a disappointing. I settled for a turkey one day and hamburger/hot dogs on 3 days. The breakfast buffet was as expected. The MR dining was in general good. The staff were excellent. Our best meals were at the Steakhouse. we enjoyed the visit so much that we made reservations the second night. On the first night we ordered cheesecake for desert. When the waitress was bringing our selection to our table, my mouth quite literally fell open which started the waitress laughing. The woman sitting behind me had also never seen a 14 oz. piece of cheesecake. It was 7-8 inches high.

But I assure you that wasn't the trip's highlight. The glacier was! I never knew they were so blue .. astounding. he weather was very over cast that day. In fact, the captain decide to take the Endicott Arm rather than the Tracy Arm hoping for brighter skies. I was disappointed by the weather until we arrived at the glacier. The clouds were low, sliding off of several of the nearby peaks. Seeing the glacier in this setting felt some how more natural. It would been prettier if the sun was shining but some what surreal.

I strongly recommend as Alaskan cruise, everything was so beautiful.

Publication Date: 07/23/11