Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by jack1945: To Alaska with Carnival

To Alaska with Carnival

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

After a smooth embarkation, DW and I went to our cabin and marveled at the 30 ft. balcony. The food was from poor to outstanding. The buffet was a disappointing. I settled for a turkey one day and hamburger/hot dogs on 3 days. The breakfast buffet was as expected. The MR dining was in general good. The staff were excellent. Our best meals were at the Steakhouse. we enjoyed the visit so much that we made reservations the second night. On the first night we ordered cheesecake for desert. When the waitress was bringing our selection to our table, my mouth quite literally fell open which started the waitress laughing. The woman sitting behind me had also never seen a 14 oz. piece of cheesecake. It was 7-8 inches high.

But I assure you that wasn't the trip's highlight. The glacier was! I never knew they were so blue .. astounding. he weather was very over cast that day. In fact, the captain decide to take the Endicott Arm rather than the Tracy Arm hoping for brighter skies. I was More disappointed by the weather until we arrived at the glacier. The clouds were low, sliding off of several of the nearby peaks. Seeing the glacier in this setting felt some how more natural. It would been prettier if the sun was shining but some what surreal.

I strongly recommend as Alaskan cruise, everything was so beautiful. Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Spirit Suite Upper 5295

Great location, fabulous balcony, a bit pricey. It is an aft cabin so the vibrations from the propellers were always present. Some may not care for this aspect, but for us, it lulled us to sleep more than what was necessary ... lol

Small port with most of the building around the bay. Made for a pleasant view.

Very quaint village. Tourism is it's main summer business. Many shops sold crafts that were made by locals, be sure to pickup something made from local jade. Every other store, so it seemed, sold diamonds

Read 645 Skagway Reviews