Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by drottning

Member Name: drottning
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Way under par
Having sailed on the QE2 in the past I was expecting great things from the new Queen Elizabeth...what a disappointment. Cunard is not the company it was when British owned...Now the attitude is fleece as much as you can. Horrendous alcohol pricing...making Swedish prices look cheap! The coffee was the worst I have ever tasted. The photo staff were pushy and unfriendly.

My air-con did not work so I was frozen initially, my toilet became blocked after a few days. There was a horrible smell on board ship from time to time. My wine waiter was arrogant and rude. The food in the LIDO was uninspiring.

I had something crawling in my salad on the first evening!

Only one of the gentlemen hosts could dance, can't imagine who vetted them.

The pools are the size of a postage stamp.

However the restaurant was very good. My dining companions were even better, they made this trip worthwhile. The ports of call were good in the main, but Hamburg twice? Not what was advertised, but as half the ships passengers 700 Germans joined the ship it became apparent why we had two stops there. Continual German translation of all ships notices were irritating...but understandable.

Sorry Cunard I shall not be coming back again. Royal Caribbean are ahead of you in quality.

Publication Date: 07/23/11