Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by KBM324: Horrible Cruise all around

Horrible Cruise all around

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

I have always sailed with NCL and each year it gets worse, this last cruise was the last one I will ever sail with NCL, the convenience of port is not even worth it anymore. cruise director, If we really had one, did not do his job. see bullets below:

- soda card purchased, was treated like I was presenting a state welfare card when I went to get soda, used the spray soda only but, when that didn't work used two already opened flat sodas to fill my dixie cup.

- paid for the spa $60 each a day for Sea days only, not counting the first or last day but, then they tried to sell me for 7 days however, the first day and last day would not count as it was closed ok, so wouldn't that be a 5 day pass? staff consumed all water, juice & tea ran out, waited 2.5 hours for water finally went to the buffet to get my own. also when you tour they have aromatherapy units and music on but, when you use it, nada.

- bed bugs, yes my husband and I were both bit.

- More not a single towel animal

- once in Bermuda asked for directions from google maps as I have always received before to be printed to a nearby destination, I was told "to just take a cab" I said that we were travelling my moped and I was told" I am not into directions"

- pool seats were completely "reserved" from 7:30am on, we watched people "reserve" 9 and 10 at a time not once were they told not to, they would put a towel ( where they got them, I don't know, 1 towel per person until you turn it in, could not find towel station until the 6th day) or t shirt, then simply walk away and not come back or better sit in a table behind the chairs and never even use them.

- shows were the same old ones for years, newlywed show, perfect couple etc... even the questions were the same. Bollywood was good but, maybe should of had a PG 13 or at the very least some mention to families.

- pools were not drained and cleaned consistently the hot tubs either had the babies/toddlers and kids in them or the teenagers who would just sit on the sides, so we did not go in after the first day, people are drinking and sitting in them for hours no exaggerating, no way they are not urinating and then you have the little ones with and without their swimmies.

- food was the exact same every day aside from one small area and it was not good in the buffet, the "24 hour" blue lagoon you need to be seated much preferred the other style. used the same batter with the fish as with the chicken so tasted fishy and had to stop getting it since I do not like seafood.

- no more latte/cappuccino/espressos included with dinners in the main dining area, you have to pay $2 something then the 18% grat.

- in room dining did not pick up dishes timely, I noted food from early evening the night before even when we got breakfast one day from them that afternoon still in the halls, this cruise had quite a few persons with wheelchairs which must of been impossible to go down the narrow hall.

This cruise has become nothing more than a booze cruise and is 75% ghetto. the dockyard is also ghetto especially compared to St. Georges where we used to dock

no going out at night there for a moped ride and snorkel park, the only "swimming area" now charges $5 to go on, not for the day either, it will close on you to get ready for the night party and then you pay again and I think more money. We are going to try Royal Caribbean as we have been told since day 1 of cruising with NCL that we are crazy as the service and experience is poor compared to Royal. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn

cabin set up needs to be changed if there is three or more in a room, we had three people and we all had to end up sleeping in the one lower bed in order to watch tv.

port was ok, took forever to get a porter, they kept going to the outside of the lines only, also were eating a pizza lunch during the busiest time, literally had a folded slice of pizza in his mouth and nodded to me for my bags.

Read 216 Boston Reviews