Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Lilyrose123: Just me, myself, and I

Just me, myself, and I

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Harwich

Since I've starting checking out the websites for cruises and places to go I find myself just thinking about cruises. If the price is right I'm gone. My first Cruise was with a friend on the Sea Princess. Once I realised I could cruise on my own I booked the next year (having to raise the single supplement) on the Grand. Now I'm up to 3 cruises a year. I love Celebrity and in November I'll be Elite Class. This year I tried Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Sea. For me this was great because I left from Harwich, which is the East Coast and I could get a train straight from Stratford London there. The Jewel is a beautiful ship. I loved the interior of the ship. My Balcony cabin was the best I've ever had and my Stateroom attendant was just the best. Because I was cruising solo and at the bottom of the pecking order on Royal Caribbean, I didn't get many invitations to parties or such. Just Cruise Critic's 'Get Together' where I won a Bottle of Sparkling Wine.

My stateroom attendant More kept it on ice till I was ready to drink it. In comparison to Celebrity and Princess, I'd say Royal Caribbean, Jewel of the Seas, lacks a little in the finishing touches for moi. No welcome drink when you board, no little toiletries in the Bathroom, You have to ask for Ice in your cabin if you want it and no flask of water either. No little chocolate on your pillow at night and no robe or tote bag. However, I would cruise again with Royal Caribbean again, but this time I'd know not to expect these little things that I've become use to with Celebrity and Princess.

I loved my cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. Instead of booking an excursion with the ship I decided to book a Russian Tour Company  that didn't take any money until the last day of the tour and then gave you a goody bag to say Thank you. It was a two day tour of the Highlights of St. Petersburg, we never cued for anything because all our tours were timed. Included was a canal boat ride with Wine (champagne they called it) not really; and chocolates that was for real. A nice lunch each day in a Russian Restaurant and a lovely Russian tour guide who I could understand her English. I loved it. What more could you ask for.

Anyone traveling Solo has nothing to fear. As long as you don't depend on meeting anyone, and have your own itinerary, and do what you enjoy doing on the ship, you'll have a great time. Talk to everyone, smile, be polite and even if they don't talk to you, it might be because they don't speak your language. Leave your problems and attitudes at home. They'll be there when you get back. Life is too short, not to enjoy Cruising, that is if you can afford it. And if you can afford it as a solo traveler, then enjoy yourself. lol

Lilyrose123 Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Jewel of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 9590

My cabin was wonderful, big and airy, Balcony clean, everything worked. Cabin #9590 I'd book that again. Midship too.

Do yours homework here. Port is fine, nothing there to see. Once you go through Immigration, You should be all right. That means you have your Visa to go to St. Petersburg, and all the coaches, mini vans and cars will be there waiting for you. No Visa, No St. Petersburg. Enjoy the Jewel of the Seas!!

Been here too, Again, you had to pay $12.00 return for the shuttle, but I loved the scenery as we approached the Port of Stockholm. I just had to get off. Found a great Shopping Mall, in the port town and I was happy.

I didn't want to see anything else after St Petersburg, But I did get off the ship and just walk through the little market. It was quite cute. Leather gloves were very cheap there compared to England. I got a few pairs. They take credit cards too.

Read 352 Tallinn Reviews