Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Lilyrose123

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Lilyrose123
Jewel of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Member Name: Lilyrose123
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Harwich
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated

Just me, myself, and I
Since I've starting checking out the websites for cruises and places to go I find myself just thinking about cruises. If the price is right I'm gone. My first Cruise was with a friend on the Sea Princess. Once I realised I could cruise on my own I booked the next year (having to raise the single supplement) on the Grand. Now I'm up to 3 cruises a year. I love Celebrity and in November I'll be Elite Class. This year I tried Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Sea. For me this was great because I left from Harwich, which is the East Coast and I could get a train straight from Stratford London there. The Jewel is a beautiful ship. I loved the interior of the ship. My Balcony cabin was the best I've ever had and my Stateroom attendant was just the best. Because I was cruising solo and at the bottom of the pecking order on Royal Caribbean, I didn't get many invitations to parties or such. Just Cruise Critic's 'Get Together' where I won a Bottle of Sparkling Wine.

My stateroom attendant kept it on ice till I was ready to drink it. In comparison to Celebrity and Princess, I'd say Royal Caribbean, Jewel of the Seas, lacks a little in the finishing touches for moi. No welcome drink when you board, no little toiletries in the Bathroom, You have to ask for Ice in your cabin if you want it and no flask of water either. No little chocolate on your pillow at night and no robe or tote bag. However, I would cruise again with Royal Caribbean again, but this time I'd know not to expect these little things that I've become use to with Celebrity and Princess.

I loved my cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. Instead of booking an excursion with the ship I decided to book a Russian Tour Company  that didn't take any money until the last day of the tour and then gave you a goody bag to say Thank you. It was a two day tour of the Highlights of St. Petersburg, we never cued for anything because all our tours were timed. Included was a canal boat ride with Wine (champagne they called it) not really; and chocolates that was for real. A nice lunch each day in a Russian Restaurant and a lovely Russian tour guide who I could understand her English. I loved it. What more could you ask for.

Anyone traveling Solo has nothing to fear. As long as you don't depend on meeting anyone, and have your own itinerary, and do what you enjoy doing on the ship, you'll have a great time. Talk to everyone, smile, be polite and even if they don't talk to you, it might be because they don't speak your language. Leave your problems and attitudes at home. They'll be there when you get back. Life is too short, not to enjoy Cruising, that is if you can afford it. And if you can afford it as a solo traveler, then enjoy yourself. lol

Lilyrose123