Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by bammy431: Very impressed with NCL Spirit in New Orleans

bammy431
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Very impressed with NCL Spirit in New Orleans

Sail Date: June 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

Cruised in June out on N.O. Port very easy to get in and out of with convenient parking area. Seventeen in party. Had a great time on board.

More impressed than I thought I'd be. Met Captain Hoyt and team at Meet and Greet. They all do great jobs and run a fine ship. All employees very friendly especially the morning service in Raffle's, very cheerful atmosphere.

Favorite thing to do on Spirit was eat and oh my did we eat. A must for firstnight which I just got a taste of was, the Creme' Brulee with Ganache in Windows or Main Dining Room. So good we asked the chef if they were making it available on any other night,(but no). What a shame. We enjoyed every meal.(Note: meals in both these restaurants the same for dinner, but found Windows less crowded)

Enjoyed the shows on board. Duo Volgyi were wonderful.The perfect game shows, and Second City were very funny.

Would love to join NCL for another great cruise. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Belize took tour from ship to Altun Ha. Nice informative ride on bus, guides very nice. It was Very Hot there be sure to wear a hat and cool clothes. Bus provides you with bottle water but can also purchase soda,water and alcohol on site.

Costa Maya, first port: took a taxi about five minutes to get to beach location. Ate at a local restaurant,great food at a great price. Terrible hurricane damage in area, but building back. Beach was lovely, picked up some jewelry at great prices.(Bargain-they will give you a better price).

Cozumel very nice clean port shopping close to dock. Long walk. Rented a private catamaran for day.Time schedule off by one hour. If taking a private tour be sure to advise guide to return you for right departure time. It was a little rough but got to snorkel anyway and picked up coral on a beach. **Note to anyone bringing sunscreen-Do not bring spray sunscreen-it makes deck very slippery-ask my broken foot. And another note bring extra tubes of sunscreen,my spray bottle emptied out in my suitcase before it made it to my room, but I also brought an extra tube. Brother-n-law had to purchase one at dock store and paid $15 a bottle. Had a beautiful trip to location on M/V Tucan, we got to see a baby dolphin and a large starfish.Tucan crew fixed us steak fajitas and more for lunch. Had a Great Time.

Read 3142 Cozumel Reviews

Roatan-some of our crew went to a private beach club and said beach was beautiful. We rented a car to cruise the island expecting to see nice beaches(wrong- my advice-take the tour from ship)I couldn't wait to return the rental and get back on the boat.

Read 1661 Roatan Reviews