Carnival Legend Cruise Review by muskus: Noise equals fun

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Noise equals fun

Sail Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

If you like lots of activities and noise, this is the cruise for you. But if you are looking for a quiet place to read in comfort, forget it! This is my third Legend cruise out of Tampa to the same Western Caribbean ports. I knew what I was getting into before I booked. But the sale prices lured me and I forgot why I travel on Princess and Holland America lines.

First of all a comfortable chair was not to be found on board. And the beds are hard and impossible to sit on for more than 20 minutes. In fact we bring foam waffle bed pads from home, so we can sleep at night. I realize that most younger folks are out enjoying the activities and the ships pool and/or bars. But I have been there and done that, this was my 40th cruise on many cruise lines.

The main reason I return to this cruise is the itinerary. I love the ports and took two excursions, which were perfect: Passion Island in Cozumel and in Belize a catamaran to the reef and then a beach break on Bannister More Island.

The rum punch flowed freely on both excursions and the snorkel stop in Belize was great. I also like the Playa Mia beach break with lunch, which I did the last two cruises on the Legend.

My next major issue was the noise level on this ship. Waiting to go into the dining room, the noise of fellow passengers conversations along with the entertainment was just too much. The stage shows also blast you out of your seat. I left the cocktail party for returning Carnival guests, as I could not take the noise. I know this sounds like I am little ole lady, but my Dad is 90 years old and very aware of the noise issue. And he wears a hearing aid!

Enough said. It is a good 7 day getaway with great ports of call. Food is OK but steaks are tough. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>