“Cozumel-Here we come!”
Cruise review of Carnival Inspiration

vickiparis Carnival Inspiration 4 Cozumel-Here we come!
vickiparis
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My daughter and I decided we needed some "Me" time and since it was my birthday, we decided to take a cruise. Overall, the cruise was very good. The room was quiet, we were the last room in the back of the ship. Wish we could have had a balcony but the ocean view served the purpose of seeing sunsets and when we reached our ports. I love sitting on a balcony with a cup of coffee and watching the sea go by. It's better then any tranquilizer! If you can afford a balcony, go for it! The room was clean and pretty comfortable.If we needed anything, like extra hangers, the stewards brought us what we needed. My daughter and I pack like we are leaving for a month, "wishful thinking" so I am sure the stewards had to jump over a few things to get their cleaning done.

The food at the buffet and in the dining room, was very good and the service in the dining room was outstanding. I like it when staff members remember your name. Even when we were in the buffet, if any of our servers saw us, they came over and addressed us by our names.

Following is where I feel Carnival has the opportunity to do better: The hots tubs on the pool deck were always filled with children, we never had the opportunity to use them. The service in the Adult Only Area was very poor. We ordered drinks and 45 minutes later we received them. The outside deck area surrounding the buffet was never cleaned up on a regular basis. Cups,plates and napkins when it was windy were flying around and in some cases ending up in the sea. The dance club was OK but they did have 18 and older nights, which can be a turn off for those us over 21.

Overall for the money and the limited time we had it was a fun cruise for us!
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6C
The closets held the majority of our clothes. Being at the back the ship the last room on the right side, it was very quiet. Beds were pretty comfortable. The extra toiletries, were a nice touch. Shower was hot!

Port
Cozumel has lots of shopping when you get off of the ship and a few restaurants. The Three Amigos restaurant was great the salsa and the Margarita's get a 10. Due to bad weather, we had to stay in the restaurant, what a great way to suffer, however you have to watch out for those drinks, they taste good but they will eventually affect your ability to make quick decisions. When the rain stopped, I really didn't care where we went. Since you have to be on the ship by 6:30pm, it really limits your ability to go anywhere else. We wanted to head downtown but we only had an hour and half left. However, be aware when you make a purchase with your credit card, you will not know the exact amount of the charge until you see your bill. An extra charge is submitted plus the Mexican peso can be 10, 11 dollars to our US dollar. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE AMERCAN EXPRESS TRAVELERS CHECKS OR PAY WITH CASH.

Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Published 07/21/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Inspiration Review
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?