Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by home run hitter: liberty eastern carribean cruise

home run hitter
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

liberty eastern carribean cruise

Sail Date: July 2011

Sailed on the Liberty for the annual summer vacation 7/9 thru 7/16. It was the typical carnival cruise. Flew into Miami morning of the cruise, Cabbed to terminal and encountered the first of many lines.

Embarkation was different this time. No more attendants to check you in just computer terminals and you assist yourself. Went rather smoothly and proceeded to the second line where you pick up the sail and sign cards from a live person.

On to the lido for lunch. The Liberty has a Mongolian wok station set up on the lido. It must be the best food on the high seas. The line never ended and moved so slowly I never got to try it over 7 days. They need to modify this.

The lido was just what I expected from previous cruises. Now to the dining room. It appears carnival has cut dining room staff. Large tables and less waiters. It was the little things. Never was offered any cracked pepper during the week. Had to ask for a roll the first night. One night you would get More grated cheese for a Ceaser salad, none the next night. Small stuff nothing real big. The melting cake was also inconsistant. One night it was runny the next night it was all hard.

The ports were great Half Moon, Grand Turk and St. Thomas all great beaches which we love so it was a great itenery for us. Did the Bacardi rum tour in San Juan and it was better than I expected.

Entertainment, The shows actually contained 1 I had not seen in the past three years and it was pretty good. The trio that played outside the casino played great music and you could sit there and really enjoy them.

The casino staff was very friendly asked me my name and addressed me by it the rest of the week. A first for me during a cruise.

All in all a typical Carnival cruise. You know what you are getting for the price you are paying. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>