Carnival Victory Cruise Review by 1josh777

Spa & Fitness 5+
        7-9 5+
        10-12 5+

Surprisingly Entertaining
I would like to get the negatives out of the way before I write the rest of my review.

1. Food: This was really a hit or miss. I was not impressed at all and this will be a part of the cruise I will not miss.

2. Smells: there was a foul smell around the pool area. I could not figure out what it was but it was always there.

3. Dining service: Service was really slow. Our family had three tables and mine was the only one served by a different person. Although I was always the first one there, sometimes by 30 minutes, the other tables always got their food first.

4. Debarkation: Although they require everyone to be out of their room by 8:30am, which meant waking up at 6am for me, they were on zone 10 at 10:30am. There were a total of 32 zones. I was zone 25 and since I had to pick up a car rental at Avis and their sunday schedule was until 1pm they allowed be to get out early. I'm not sure at what time the last person from zone 32 was able to get out of the ship.

Now, on to the rest of the experience:

Embarkation:

Super quick!! My family was there at 11am and the first group went in right away. Since I had to take my rental car back I got there a bit later with my brother in law. I was ready with boarding pass and passport but my brother in law didnt (my sister had it with her inside the ship). In order to enter the port all he had to say to the person waiting there was his name. Shockingly the guy answered "I remember your name from the list" and let him in. With that kind of memory this guy should be working in a more challenging job.

Entertainment:

I was very impressed by the amount of activities they had. There was no room for boredom unless you slept in all day for the whole week. They had four different stand up comics, two of which were super funny; the other two were just funny. They each did two family friendly shows and two adults only shows. I only went to the family friendly ones because I traveled with my two children. They also had a juggler. He was great. The magician's show was very weak. I did not like his show. He did not seem to want to be there and he only did like three tricks during the whole show. The brodway style shows were very good, although the female singer was much weaker than the male singer. The final show, which included passengers, was good as well...

Staff:

They were all super friendly. "Karl with a K", the director, was funny and seemed to be present in all of the activities. He sang, danced, did comedy and of course, was the host of many of the shows. He did a good job. He had a good team as well. I could not understand one of them because he had a very heavy accent, but the rest were good. The cleaning crew was always present. Not sure where they would come from but our room was always made and clean.

Room:

I was in the main deck, midship, and did not hear a sound. Around 9:30 I did hear the cleaning crew out in the hallway but I would be up by that time already. The room was very dark and the bed was really comfy. I read from other people that the rooms on Carnival ships were bigger than other lines but I did not find this to be true when compared to the Norwegian Spirit; I thought the room were about the same.

Camp Carnival:

My kids loved it and always wanted to go. They were not there all the time because I like to spend time with them during our vacations but the times they did go they always came back with fun stories.

24 Hour Ice Cream: THE BEST!!!

I would recommend this cruise to anyone who wants to have lots of fun. If food is your thing then I would go with a different cruise line.

Publication Date: 07/21/11